Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance 21" Tires - Larger, More Comfortable Fitment Details and Experience - Michelin AS4's (With Photos)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cool thread. I have adjusted my PSI to 39 on the screen - my oldish PSI reader says it’s 42 but will go with the screen.

When I picked up the MYP the screen said 42 and my reader said 45 and the ride was a tad stiff and loose. Basically I will play with it for a while.

I wonder if anyone has staggered the PSI to add traction to front. Like 39 in front and 41+ in the rear?

I am more used to using coilovers to adjust ride height (or springs) in order to make each corner carry the same weight - mostly with my prior German toys.

Not my area … but with the stock setup of my MYP (of 42) the ride can get a little loose in the mountains if the roads get bumpy.

I have read that this might be more of the breaks kicking in when the tires lose contact with the road - MYP vs Kia.

Who knows. Sorry for the lengthy post - too much coffee!

Cars don't magically lose alignment over the course of a year - you can have a car with excellent tire wear for 10 years if there aren't any major road hazards. Seasonal alignments are most definitely a waste of money. Once the car starts wearing out and bushings start to perish, then it's time.

I don't mess with cars that exhibit great tire wear, a tech is only bound to make it worse. If the car drives straight and tires are wearing evenly - there's nothing to be gained.
A seasonal alignment is a good thing to be doing!