Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you steal customers from yourself, that's not too bad other than delaying the purchase until 2014. I'm sure they'll bring more customers in who wouldn't consider getting a sedan than they lost from the Model S to X switch.

If X cannibalizes S reservations for general production, that's essentially an extension of the "loan"/reserve.

If X cannibalizes S reservations for Signature, it could be a bad thing. As long as the cannibalism of Sig is outrun by the waiting list, then it's a positive -- essentially moving volume from the S Sig waiting list to the X Sig reserve list.

I went from production Model S to Signature Model X. I'm sure they're feeling like that's a win.

All the recent publicity about Model X is surely bringing new people to Tesla's website, curious about Model X - and most likely will result in some new Model S sales, along with Model X. It all works out.

So I called up Tesla asked to speak to the sales manager. He said he knew things like this could happen & said he would look into it. The regular sales had no idea about doing this & I know for a fact if I didn't ask to speak to a manager I'd be at the end of the line. At 3:40 est / 12:40 pst today I finally received my Reservation Sequence Number XP268. I really feel I should have been able to get a lower Sequence Number but whats the use of crying over split milk.

I'm sorry for being a jerk on the forums. I really just wanted to vent to people who would understand were I was coming from.

In my opinion the Model X is a life changing vehicle and actually the best argument for EVs. Since SUVs get such bad gas mileage you only loose 50 to 70 miles per fill-up with the 270 Model X. & with the price of gas alone for an SUV the 270 Model X will pay for itself in 10 years.

That being said, I felt fighting for a low sequence number and ultimately a lower VIN number was worth it. You know for collectors item type bragging rights and what not years from now.

Last edited:
Glad you got it worked out. You still have a pretty low number and even if you managed to get P50 or something, you have to remember there will be 1,000 Signatures in line ahead of the production line. While it would have been cool to get in the first 100, I don't think it will matter too much in terms of collector status.

It just makes it salty for the cats.

Glad you got it sorted. Quite honestly I don't think there will be a premium value on the numbers other than Sigs, and maybe then only the top few. Look at this way...any teething troubles will be on the first few cars off the line; by XP268 you'll have a perfect car.

Funny, or not so funny story, 2 cats just crawled in side my cars engine to stay warm and it didn't end well for them. Worst part is I'm a cat person so I felt bad.

BTW, if you own a Model X you have to get an austintatious cat like this (when they stand up on their hind legs they can be up to 4 feet tall). only $5k to $10k. :)

They will play fetch with you like a dog.

Or just get a dog at the pound. Much cheaper and will still play fetch. The best part is that you don't end up with a cat! ;-)

Wow, could we get more OT?

Great going, man! By the time you get the X, your son would be in a forward facing carseat and you should have an easy time buckling him in under the falcon awning :smile:

Time to update your profile and avatar to reflect the X status as well!

Haha I read that as "arwing"... Too early. I probably should be practicing that carseat thing now, shouldn't I?

I'd imagine the Model X key will be similar, so avy stays!