Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What in particular you didn't like about MSLR? We were going back and forth between MSLR and M3P. I have always liked the styling for Model S.

Some is my personal preference, Some is issues or various wear on the car that I don't feel like dealing with

In no particular order:
  • The steering yoke is not what I want anymore. I want a normal steering wheel.
  • The steering yoke is wearing on the top corners. I ordered a replacement but I never installed it.
  • I haven't kept up with the cleanliness of the car. I have full PPF wrap but it's got a handful of issues.
    • The south end of Columbus is littered with quarries and gravel pits. I have picked up lots of marks in the PPF and windshield.
  • I had tint put on the windshield. The tint is either low quality or poorly installed and I can see somewhat visible ripples easily
  • There are lots of overbearing warnings and safety corrections, even though I have everything turned off, like
    • "collision imminent" warning driving normally on 2-lane country roads when there are no stopped cars
    • "leaving lane" warning and corrective steering if i nudge over 6 inches within my lane to dodge a pothole
    • sometimes when i make a normal left turn at T intersections onto a side road the car applies corrective steering. One time it literally jerked the wheel out of my hand to keep me in the oncoming traffic lane.
  • I already have 55k miles
  • The car came with summer tires on base rims. If I keep the car thru this winter I will be looking at buying 2 more sets of tires and 1 set of rims (so I could have summer tires on new rims and winter tire on old rims) which is an expense I could dodge for now by switching to M3P
  • My car has the half-shaft vibration issue when accelerating
  • There is some suspension rattle in the front right wheel
  • I have curb rash on both passenger wheels
  • It's my first black car and turns out, I don't like black cars very much
So basically some of it is that I want a "re-do" to keep up with maint and cleanliness, some is hoping a new car won't give me so much trouble with safety alerts and warnings just for driving normally, and some of it is that I want to go back to hopefully get everything I used to love about the M3P that I had before

Last edited:
Reactions: RizA
VIN acquired! Eta 5/27-6/3. Before the VIN it was 5/27-6/20. Texas, SG/white config, ordered day 1. Maybe these cars do exist haha.

I confess I had vin envy. Now I only have eta envy. Looking forward to people posting their impressions to help me solidify my decision.

@mpgxsvcd if you don't mind me asking, why lease?
Congrat! you just made me check my app real quick... unfortunately no joy

Some is my personal preference, Some is issues or various wear on the car that I don't feel like dealing with

In no particular order:
  • The steering yoke is not what I want anymore. I want a normal steering wheel.
  • The steering yoke is wearing on the top corners. I ordered a replacement but I never installed it.
  • I haven't kept up with the cleanliness of the car. I have full PPF wrap but it's got a handful of issues.
    • The south end of Columbus is littered with quarries and gravel pits. I have picked up lots of marks in the PPF and windshield.
  • I had tint put on the windshield. The tint is either low quality or poorly installed and I can see somewhat visible ripples easily
  • There are lots of overbearing warnings and safety corrections, even though I have everything turned off, like
    • "collision imminent" warning driving normally on 2-lane country roads when there are no stopped cars
    • "leaving lane" warning and corrective steering if i nudge over 6 inches within my lane to dodge a pothole
    • sometimes when i make a normal left turn at T intersections onto a side road the car applies corrective steering. One time it literally jerked the wheel out of my hand to keep me in the oncoming traffic lane.
  • I already have 55k miles
  • The car came with summer tires on base rims. If I keep the car thru this winter I will be looking at buying 2 more sets of tires and 1 set of rims (so I could have summer tires on new rims and winter tire on old rims) which is an expense I could dodge for now by switching to M3P
  • My car has the half-shaft vibration issue when accelerating
  • There is some suspension rattle in the front right wheel
  • I have curb rash on both passenger wheels
  • It's my first black car and turns out, I don't like black cars very much
So basically some of it is that I want a "re-do" to keep up with maint and cleanliness, some is hoping a new car won't give me so much trouble with safety alerts and warnings just for driving normally, and some of it is that I want to go back to hopefully get everything I used to love about the M3P that I had before
Comprehensive list! But appreciate it.

VIN acquired! Eta 5/27-6/3. Before the VIN it was 5/27-6/20. Texas, SG/white config, ordered day 1. Maybe these cars do exist haha.

I confess I had vin envy. Now I only have eta envy. Looking forward to people posting their impressions to help me solidify my decision.

@mpgxsvcd if you don't mind me asking, why lease?
Congrats! Gives me hope, but as I look at no movement since it set in at July 1 - August 12th, I realize the only ones moving are apparently the white interior. I'm thinking they are sitting on a boatload of shipping containers filled with white interiors and they need to move them out before they can start on black interior vehicles. I've had white leather before, and it turns blue from wearing jeans, so I'll have to just be patient.

I bought a 2020 M3P in Dec 2019 but had to get rid of it after about 1.5 years ownership
Shortly after selling, I ordered a 2022 MSLR which I was supposed to wait 4 months for but ended up waiting over a year
Long story short I'm not satisfied with 2022MSLR

I just fired off my M3P order hoping that June 2024 might be an accurate estimated delivery
Nope- immediately after ordering my estimated delivery changed to July 2024

Here's hoping I don't get put through another wringer waiting for this car too
If you JUST did it, you might not get it in June. Most likely July or August.

actually my Carvana offer went up around 1200 recently.

That's really interesting. I just sold my other car (Kia Stinger GT2) to a dealership using a Carvana offer as an anchor, and then yesterday I got an email from them that my updated value was $3K lower. I'm really glad I sold when I did, despite that we're now down to one car until my M3P shows up (sometime this summer, I hope, lol).

Jumping on to say received VIN this morning after original order within the hour of online availability. M3P SG/White EDD 5/27-6/3 as well. Cen Tex area. I imagine they will want me to take delivery in Austin. Much quicker than we anticipated. Going to have to juggle things to arrange pick-up hopefully including the option for spouse to pick up car even though we are putting one person on registration. And now to get the charger installed.