Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After getting my VIN this morning I asked when the car will be here and they went ahead and scheduled my delivery for Thursday. Super fast turnaround, is this the first delivery in the US?
IMG_8388.jpeg

After getting my VIN this morning I asked when the car will be here and they went ahead and scheduled my delivery for Thursday. Super fast turnaround, is this the first delivery in the US?
Username checks out 😄

Congrats! I think you'll be one of the first (if not the first?) unless someone takes delivery tomorrow. Someone apparently was supposed to take delivery yesterday (in LA?) but got delayed due to a firmware update? Not sure about that. Anyways, eager to hear what your first impressions will be!

I paid the $350 to get the homelink module in my MYP and will do the same again for my M3P. I'd rather pay the extra $50 for hardware I own rather than pay them exorbitantly to resell me something I already bought.
I was reading a thread on this forum where someone said Homelink wasn't available for the refresh M3 and the previous gen M3 module would not be compatible so not installed by Tesla. I tried searching for that thread but can't find it now. I hope this isn't the case. Can someone confirm this info or confirm we would have access to purchase Homelink for our cars? I looked in the Tesla store and don't see it listed as a orderable accessory?

I was reading a thread on this forum where someone said Homelink wasn't available for the refresh M3 and the previous gen M3 module would not be compatible so not installed by Tesla. I tried searching for that thread but can't find it now. I hope this isn't the case. Can someone confirm this info or confirm we would have access to purchase Homelink for our cars? I looked in the Tesla store and don't see it listed as a orderable accessory?
Homelink hasn’t been available as standard for years.

Reactions: jv92red
Username checks out 😄

Congrats! I think you'll be one of the first (if not the first?) unless someone takes delivery tomorrow. Someone apparently was supposed to take delivery yesterday (in LA?) but got delayed due to a firmware update? Not sure about that. Anyways, eager to hear what your first impressions will be!
Haha I made that username in despair after my 10th EDD delay when I still had the LR order! Will keep you all updated on what the driving experience is like 😄

to me it looks like a test model. that looks like adhesive residue from the cover that was being used to hide the back panel.

I think you're correct. All that covering to hide the badge and spoiler seems excessive. Would have been much easier to just leave those off. Unless of course this was being tested before the RWD / LR Highland was released and the tail lights needed to be concealed.

Homelink hasn’t been available as standard for years.

As standard. @Jree is asking about the add-on module.

There was a post by someone saying that they were able to move their old Homelink module to their new Model 3, can't find it right now. Anyway, Tesla lists the module as Automatic Garage Opener on the shop and the description says "compatible with all Model 3 and Model Y vehicles". It pops in and out of stock depending on your location and says you need to order it in the app - which in my locale doesn't seem possible, but you can also order it by contacting the service center.

I have a VIN!! Just saw it. EDD May 27-June 5
Congrats! Did you get a notification or just checked the App and saw it under "Vehicle Details" or something?
My EDD currently shows yesterday (May 14) as the start. I've noticed mine don't update until 7am my time (Arizona/Cali time are the same this time of year).
Wondering if your window will tighten from a "1.5-3.0 weeks away" now that you've got a VIN. Feels weird they'd assign a VIN then have that much lag time. Also, were you a SR/LR-to-Performance switch on your order? Or just hit the VIN jackpot?

Thanks guys 🙏 ! Also thanks @finder39 for doing my pre-inspection! Did you happen to see any panel gaps? 😜

I'm definitely no rock star but just a lucky individual that has the opportunity to take delivery soon. I did contact my Sales Advisor regarding the supposed "firmware update" that was reported to have delayed someone's order from yesterday to Saturday (via reddit). SA said they'd get back to me so I'll report back if anything. Anyways, look forward to hearing and seeing all the excitement as we ALL eventually take delivery of this glorious vehicle!

20 each way. I'm Back. They had a Red, Blue, and Grey. All white interior. Good call.
1715772549523.png

@makeyourself, is that actually your VIN?

Reactions: juan.chavez