Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inverter replacement availability?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My home's solar installation was completed in January... alas it has never functioned correctly (or more accurately... at all). After a number of rounds of having folks out to troubleshoot and swap service parts it was determined that the SolarEdge inverter was defective and needed to be replaced. That was ultimately ordered ~1 month ago w/ an expected 7-10 day turnaround time.

Nothing has shown up, the warehouse indicates no availability, and nobody can give me an ETA. I've asked if there are alternative inverter models that could be used, or at least if somebody could indicate why it's been delayed (obviously there are global events underway that could affect supply chain). No answers to either.

All of the Tesla CR folks have been amicable enough when I've talked to them, but can't seem to indicate when this might be resolved. Meanwhile I've a solar system sitting on my roof doing a whole lot of nothing (and decrementing warranty and lifespan). Anyone have any suggestions on how I could get to get to the bottom of this?

I had a SolarEdge inverter that failed 30 days after initial install. I called SolarEdge and they sent out a replacement to my third party Tesla installer right away. Took about 10 days. I would call them with serial number and ask if they have record of an RMA or service ticket logged for your defective unit.