Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD take rate after free trial 2%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since there is no source to validate the 2% assumption the thread is pretty much useless.
It’s by a company called Yipit.

It’s proprietary and available for a tidy sum. Upto you to take it or leave it. But if they keep making big mistakes, companies will not buy their data.

IMO not out of question. I think anything <10% would be par for the course.

Ps :

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: aronth5
Why not just subscribe for $99/month? If you total your car, will your insurance company pay out that $8k?
Valid question, one my wife and I have mulled over. Here's the dilemma. Tesla, as a company, is pretty flaky price-wise. Prices move all over the place, often with no warning or even logic behind the moves. If Tesla had a track record of being more stable in its pricing policies, then, for sure, the monthly subscription would be the way to go. On the other hand I can see waking up one day to an increase in both the monthly charge as well as the cost for FSD.

Our MY LR was purchased in October 2023. To date the vehicle has proven to be a well made, reliable and comfortable machine. If we buy FSD we'll keep this car probably past the end of this decade.

Rich

Reactions: mborkow
Valid question, one my wife and I have mulled over. Here's the dilemma. Tesla, as a company, is pretty flaky price-wise. Prices move all over the place, often with no warning or even logic behind the moves. If Tesla had a track record of being more stable in its pricing policies, then, for sure, the monthly subscription would be the way to go. On the other hand I can see waking up one day to an increase in both the monthly charge as well as the cost for FSD.

Our MY LR was purchased in October 2023. To date the vehicle has proven to be a well made, reliable and comfortable machine. If we buy FSD we'll keep this car probably past the end of this decade.

Rich

Consumers are not buying FSD. Tesla has raised prices in the past as a FOMO tactic, but in the end they ended up lowering the price. $8k is a lot of money!

Consumers are not buying FSD. Tesla has raised prices in the past as a FOMO tactic, but in the end they ended up lowering the price. $8k is a lot of money!
I also would bet the price is coming down not up…but I don’t like FSD enough to have FOMO if I bet wrong on this one. I’ve tried to figure out at what price I’m a buyer (or a subscriber) but haven’t been able to pin myself down to a number.

Reactions: syncword
It’s by a company called Yipit.

It’s proprietary and available for a tidy sum. Upto you to take it or leave it. But if they keep making big mistakes, companies will not buy their data.

IMO not out of question. I think anything <10% would be par for the course.
When TeslaFi has 43% of their customers on 2024.8.9 that until recently couldn't get FSD V12 one has to wonder how that was handled.

I also would bet the price is coming down not up…but I don’t like FSD enough to have FOMO if I bet wrong on this one. I’ve tried to figure out at what price I’m a buyer (or a subscriber) but haven’t been able to pin myself down to a number.

I went through a similar exercise myself. For me, I think AP is sufficient for more daily duties. For me to subscribe, I think I'd pay at most $25-50/mo and that would solely be for auto-lane change, which I find it hard to stomach since it's not a huge deal to disable and reengage AP. I do think the FSD stack performs better and is smoother than the basic AP code, but I would't be using FSD around town anyways. If and when we move to a single stack for highways, I'd imagine non-FSD owners will get the benefit of the new FSD code, without FSD features. That's what I'm personally banking on.

The FSD viz is a cool party trick, but it's not worth the money to me. I do think that Tesla will "unlock" these for non-FSD vehicles in the future because the current AP viz makes the car look extremely dated.

I went through a similar exercise myself. For me, I think AP is sufficient for more daily duties. For me to subscribe, I think I'd pay at most $25-50/mo and that would solely be for auto-lane change, which I find it hard to stomach since it's not a huge deal to disable and reengage AP. I do think the FSD stack performs better and is smoother than the basic AP code, but I would't be using FSD around town anyways. If and when we move to a single stack for highways, I'd imagine non-FSD owners will get the benefit of the new FSD code, without FSD features. That's what I'm personally banking on.

The FSD viz is a cool party trick, but it's not worth the money to me. I do think that Tesla will "unlock" these for non-FSD vehicles in the future because the current AP viz makes the car look extremely dated.
At $20/month, I think for sure I’d just subscribe…at $50/month, I’m not sure. The visualizations have gotten better even in the brief time I’ve had the car (Jan 2024) and they seem to improve as FSD improves so I think your hunch is correct: FSD improvements will trickle down to basic AP.

At $20/month, I think for sure I’d just subscribe…at $50/month, I’m not sure. The visualizations have gotten better even in the brief time I’ve had the car (Jan 2024) and they seem to improve as FSD improves so I think your hunch is correct: FSD improvements will trickle down to basic AP.

Yeah, I think the difference between $20 and $50 is just noise. The viz has gotten better, but non-FSD vs FSD side by side is glaring. With the new v12 UX the old viz on the full screen is pretty bad!

No, but it's close. You signal and start the lane change manually, AP disengages (and drops to TACC if you aren't on single pull), complete the lane chane and the signal turns off. After 2-3 seconds or so, AP reengages just like you'd done it manually.
Pretty cool. That's basically how Ford's Blue Cruise operates, and in a lot of cases I preferred it as I was able to make my own lane changes since I could do them more quickly. AP lane changes can be far too conservative and miss openings in traffic to change lanes, or sometimes just sit there basically forever, forgetting that I turned the signal on.