Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD free trial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am finally getting 2024.14.6 which includes FSD 12.3.6. It has been two months since my prior update to 2024.8.9 and I've been looking forward to FSD. I have a short road trip tomorrow so I'll get to try ut out.
Day and night driving with FSD 12.4 works well for me. I've not yet tried it on interstate. I'm in a rural area with mostly two-lane roads and it handles those well. Like others, it tends to stop well away from stop signs so it' s a bit concerning. It handed 4-way stops well, taking our turn as expected.

Overall, the car on FSD didn't do anything I wouldn't have done so I'm really comfortable driving with it. Being in a rural area, though, I really don't need it so I likely won't subscribe until we take our next long road trip.

So I've tried the FSD going home from work this past Sunday (Mother's Day) morning. I think it's cool that the car drives itself, it's actually freaking amazing and "fun"...…but, I do feel like I'm not in control of the car, like I usually go about 5 mph over maybe more sometimes 😁 and I have to constantly remind the car that this is the speed I want and it takes a while to get up to that speed but I do understand that it is a safety feature. Maybe better in the highway as opposed to local streets.

Got mine just this week...

It's all personal choice and preference.
For me, the value-add on the highway is minimal. On local roads I want control, it's that simple.

I road trip "Lucille" up and down I-95 regularly NY-FL, and use autopilot extensively. I was considering doing the $99 subscription for my next trip in July...

It's a cool novelty, I just don't see the value for the dollar, even at the $99 level.

Yep Me too, My MX checks for updates in the morning. I know I can only check once per day...Still nothing as of this morning
It was funny when I got the update. I checked manually upon arriving home and getting on the Wifi in my garage and it said I was up to date. Then about an hour or two later I got a notification on my phone that I had a software update available. So the automatic checks seem to be unrelated to the once per day limit for manual checks.

Also, I've noticed that Tesla usually pushes firmware updates to my car on the same day as iOS updates. I'd think that was just an odd coincidence, but aside from once or twice when I got an update from a manual check, my last 5 or 6 firmware updates showed up automatically the same day as an iOS update.

It was funny when I got the update. I checked manually upon arriving home and getting on the Wifi in my garage and it said I was up to date. Then about an hour or two later I got a notification on my phone that I had a software update available. So the automatic checks seem to be unrelated to the once per day limit for manual checks.

Also, I've noticed that Tesla usually pushes firmware updates to my car on the same day as iOS updates. I'd think that was just an odd coincidence, but aside from once or twice when I got an update from a manual check, my last 5 or 6 firmware updates showed up automatically the same day as an iOS update.
What Tesla do you have? I wondering if the MX and MS will get it last

I got my update late Friday night and have been using it all weekend. Virtually every single drive has been free of interventions. Absolutely no safety interventions, just one bad navigation decision and I sometimes give it a little throttle where it is being too cautious at stop signs during the creep.

I am a fairly aggressive driver and LOVE driving my Tesla and am pleased to see and feel how much FSD accelerates from stops and turns.

FSD is definitely more slow/cautious than me in some spots, but honestly, the more I use it - the more I am coming to like and trust it.

It was fantastic leaving dinner last night at the restaurant and just selecting home on navigation and having my car figure its way out of the parking lot and literally park itself in front of my house.

I was told by a technician that I should get the trial in the next week. I am on 2024.8.7
My brother in law just got FSD Free Trial for his 2023 MY in New York this week. He says it is amazing!! FSD Free Trial comes when we get the Full Self Driving software 12.3.6 (red numbers in the Fleet / Software Tracker list in TeslaFi). I'm still waiting for my MX. I bought a month of FSD in March, just 10 days before Tesla lowered the price to $99 per month. I paid $199 )-:

I guess not all Tesla models are created equal, my sons Model 3 just got the notification for the update. Since he lives with me and I am the other driver for his car, I also get the notification on my phone. So get this, he got the update and to my surprise he also got the auto park feature on his FSD trial on his car whilst mine didn't. I'm thinking it's probably because his Model 3 is a 2021 and still have the ultrasonic sensors and mine have the "Tesla Vision"😒...but I don't know, did you guys got the auto park feature of the FSD trial or do I just don't know how to use it because I don't see that option at all on my phone and the screen on the car.

I finally got 2024.14.6 Last night. It took about an hour to install. Overall I really like the improvement to FSD. One of the 1st things I noticed (that nobody has mentioned yet), is that when you pre condition the car, the rear vents finally go on and stay on throughout the drive. I have always preferred them on, and constantly had to turn them on everytime (I hated this). I live in S. FL and in this car with so much glass, I want all the vents always running regardless of if people are in the back seat. Also, as expected I got the auto park. For the life of me I just don't understand why they did not implement this feature on the bigger screen like my M3 has. As such you have no choice but to spin through the scroll wheel to select a spot, rather than just selecting any one on my M3. The Model X and S are premium cars but yet they are lacking the UI improvements that M3 and MY are getting.