Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVs in the 2012 Presidential Debates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gladly! In exchange you'd get a ride in my car :)

I also occasionally have business trips to Boston, and will let you know if I'm going there, although as a native New Yorker I'm suspicious of Boston pizza ;)
As well you should be! All pizza not made in New Haven is suspect.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget Chicago pizza. Deep dish is the best.
It's an interesting dish, David, but it's like comparing cheetahs and lions -- same family, but different species. Go to Sally's, Pepe's or Modern in New Haven to get the genuine thin-crust pizza.

As well you should be! All pizza not made in New Haven is suspect.

- - - Updated - - -

It's an interesting dish, David, but it's like comparing cheetahs and lions -- same family, but different species. Go to Sally's, Pepe's or Modern in New Haven to get the genuine thin-crust pizza.

I know they say never to discuss politics in polite company, but honestly I think I'm much more emotional and irrational about pizza! I don't like deep dish pizza -- nothing personal (I love Chicago!), its just that growing up in a heavily Italian neighborhood in NY gives me a NY-centric view of pizza, although I love Sicilian as a change of pace from regular Neopolitan pizza.

I know they say never to discuss politics in polite company, but honestly I think I'm much more emotional and irrational about pizza! I don't like deep dish pizza -- nothing personal (I love Chicago!), its just that growing up in a heavily Italian neighborhood in NY gives me a NY-centric view of pizza, although I love Sicilian as a change of pace from regular Neopolitan pizza.

Like Dean Martin said, "As long as it's pizza". (Okay, he really said, "As long as it's beer").

Like Dean Martin said, "As long as it's pizza". (Okay, he really said, "As long as it's beer").

True. I want a world where all pizzas can exist in harmony. Love good, wood-fired thin crust as well.

I agree that whoever is elected, the EV tax credit will likely just run its course as politicians are more comfortable complaining about something that doing something and possibly getting blamed for the results or blow-back.

I notice he didn't diss any company in the swing states. He's already lost California, so he had no problem being a misinformed jerk.

Bravo!

Isn't Fisker's factory in Delaware? That means at least some workers are probably from Pennsylvania, a sorta swing state (more than Cali). It was too much of a filibuster by Romney for Obama to be able to say anything on such a minor issue (to everyone not on TMC!). Those are dog whistles for the Fox News watching base. Most people don't know what Romney's talking about with Tesla and Fisker.

I honestly think he is so removed from what is actually going on with both Fisker and TM that he doesn't seem them as very different.

If asked 'which company makes EV's?" I doubt he would provide an accurate answer.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...99d6-1c7a-11e2-9cd5-b55c38388962_story_4.html
ROMNEY: ...and -- and that’s why I have the kind of commitment to ensure that our industries in this country can compete and be successful. We in this country can -- can compete successfully with anyone in the world, and we’re going to. We’re going to have to have a president, however, that doesn’t think that somehow the government investing in -- in car companies like Tesla and -- and Fisker, making electric battery cars. This is not research, Mr President, these are the government investing in companies. Investing in Solyndra. This is a company, this isn’t basic research. I -- I want to invest in research. Research is great. Providing funding to universities and think tanks is great. But investing in companies? Absolutely not.

Is a loan an investment? Either way, I highly doubt Obama coming back and saying something to the affect that Tesla and by some arguments Fisker is doing well would be hurtful to the nature of the debate and he was right to avoid it. People will make their own mind up about Tesla in the coming six months. I feel, Tesla is in a pivotal point in its life span of being the next big car company, or the one that almost got there.