Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU Cybertruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can it be sold here? Even with a rubbish ncap score. But I suppose other legislative reasons. It’s it over 3.5t also?

Maybe they make a euro version. Unlikely I guess. Why tour it if it never happens here. Strange.

Will take a look at one:

IMG_3901.jpeg

Last edited:
I saw a YouTube video of the Cybertruck and some people in Europe are trying to import a US Cybertruck into the EU.

Its difficult as you can imagine, but the main concern is how wide the truck is. Its really not suited for UK roads.

Now - could Tesla "reshape" the Cybertruck to suit EU, of course they can, but they probably wont as it would mean completely redesigning parts of the vehicle to suit a small niche market.

I think this is more a marketing "tour" - Im interested in seeing it in the flesh for sure, simply because I want to see the hype but I doubt they would be selling the truck here in the EU. Too much needs to change for it to work out here. Shame really, because I do like it

Can it be sold here? Even with a rubbish ncap score. But I suppose other legislative reasons. It’s it over 3.5t also?

Pretty sure it can't. Doesn't conform to UNECE Reg 9 for Pedestrian Safety due to sharp edges. The same reg that banned pop-up headlights.
Indeed just a promo tour.

Unless they somehow wrap it in pool noodles as standard.... And indeed the 3.5t weight would mean that you would need a C1 licence + CPC to drive it. Which I doubt would appeal to many prospective buyers.

Last edited:
Pretty sure it can't. Doesn't conform to UNECE Reg 9 for Pedestrian Safety due to sharp edges. The same reg that banned pop-up headlights.
Indeed just a promo tour.

Unless they somehow wrap it in pool noodles as standard.... And indeed the 3.5t weight would mean that you would need a C1 licence + CPC to drive it. Which I doubt would appeal to many prospective buyers.
Weird that I read that 3 times as "Pot Noodles" before I realised what you meant.

• Funny
Reactions: boombap and WllXM
The Cybertrough is also steer by wire - no mechanical direct connection - and not allowed in the UK. However, The truck is a Lemon, an abomination of complete shite - its not useful as a car nor a truck - just a silly looking but suitable for those types that like to draw attention to themselves.

The 150.000 production target is also not going well - just 193 per week and every single one has to be recalled - no over the air update here - for a sticking throttle pedal - in the fully open position, and in 5 months of production that's 3828 troughs made.

With the pre orders running to 1.5 million - though hundreds of thousands have cancelled, It would take 19 years at the current production rate before one would be available to order. - Not fairing too well with a bit of rain either, the bullet proof special steel is rusting - you couldn't make it up.

The Cybertrough is also steer by wire - no mechanical direct connection - and not allowed in the UK. However, The truck is a Lemon, an abomination of complete shite - its not useful as a car nor a truck - just a silly looking but suitable for those types that like to draw attention to themselves.
Well, actually, steer by wire has been allowed since UNECE R79 Supplement 3 a couple years back.
The new Lexus RZ will be the first to be sold with it by year end.
It's a different approval system with a requirement for failsafes, but fully compliant in EU / UK and the rest of the world party to the treaty...

Reactions: FEERSUMENDJIN

The 150.000 production target is also not going well - just 193 per week and every single one has to be recalled - no over the air update here - for a sticking throttle pedal - in the fully open position, and in 5 months of production that's 3828 troughs made.

With the pre orders running to 1.5 million - though hundreds of thousands have cancelled, It would take 19 years at the current production rate before one would be available to order. - Not fairing too well with a bit of rain either, the bullet proof special steel is rusting - you couldn't make it up.
That is an awesome amount of FUD in a single post. Well done.

Well, actually, steer by wire has been allowed since UNECE R79 Supplement 3 a couple years back.
The new Lexus RZ will be the first to be sold with it by year end.
It's a different approval system with a requirement for failsafes, but fully compliant in EU / UK and the rest of the world party to the treaty...
I stand corrected, Thank you very much, genuinely didn't know that.

This reminds me of what many people said about the Model 3 at the time I brought Tesla stock.