Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no one in their right minds would buy in at $54.20 at this point... but Saudis? hmmm....

Anyone want to buy a share of Tesla at $381 right now when it's $150? :) I guess at the time, he certainly felt richer, but this could all be part of the negotiating tactic.

Sometimes, it's nice when you have little/no $$ because people will never ask you for it.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Explain?

Elon makes Kushner look like a charity case if we’re talking net worth and most certainly in fluidity.
Kushner has connections to the Saudis, who have way more money than he does, and even way more money than Elon does.
He'd have to buy all ISPs and block Mastodon in order to do that. Which people would quickly circumvent with VPNs.

• Informative
And.. so much for "Free Speech"...

Screenshot_2022-12-18 13.38.44_RY9sih.png

lololol
There is no plan. There is one man's capricious whims.

He's explicitly on the side of stochastic terrorist platform Libs of TikTok, exacting revenge at the journalist who id'ed her. Meanwhile, I guarantee she will continue to operate unobscructed. Free to identify more children's hospitals for her followers to threaten with real or imagined bombs.

Haha yeah, I was that overweight kid. I was not very athletic and definitely not the cool kid. I was bullied a couple of times as well and the amount of "ching ching chang chang" slanty eye jokes made toward my face went into adulthood too. And lets just say the clothes I was wearing was culturally different and that I remember led to this one girl just went off on me calling me gay for wearing short shorts.

Just part of growing up...I adjust, roll with the punches, didn't go on any kind of backlashing, and became a 1%er.
Interesting. You, like Elon, were bullied as a child and have managed to grow into an adult who supports the idea of encouraging (or at least objects to discouraging) bullies and bullying. It seems like maybe your view was that it made you stronger - so it's a good thing?

I won't post links for you but if you care to google it, there are thousands of other examples were it has driven children (and adults) to suicide or worse - being murdered by bullies. This is why I for one will never support bullies who spew hate at others just because they are different or it gives themselves some kind of advantage or they are just hate-filled. I have trouble wrapping my brain around how someone who has been on the receiving end can take the other view that you want to support bullying, especially of the weak and powerless. Can you explain it?

lololol
There is no plan. There is one man's capricious whims.

He's explicitly on the side of stochastic terrorist platform Libs of TikTok, exacting revenge at the journalist who id'ed her. Meanwhile, I guarantee she will continue to operate unobscructed. Free to identify more children's hospitals for her followers to threaten with real or imagined bombs.
At some point, this speech is going to turn into a real bomb planted somewhere that kills real people. And Twitter is going to get sued by the families of the victims, and I think they might have a pretty good chance of winning.

All sorts of accounts doxxing Elon on twitter right now

It's a good test of whether the new rules are going to actually be enforced verbatim.

“Live location information, including information shared on Twitter directly or links to 3rd-party URL(s) of travel routes, actual physical location, or other identifying information that would reveal a person’s location, regardless if this information is publicly available.”

To me anytime a person tweets "Hey, I just saw ... at ..." has to be deleted to really follow the rules.

The rules don't seem to take into account intent. They can't take intent into account because the flight trackers exist because of public interest.

I think its clear that part of the obsession with the flight tracking of billionaires is anger towards them for how much environmental destruction their lifestyles cause. We don't want harm to come to them or their family, but we do want to shame them for all the pollution they cause just to go to a world cup game in their private jet.

Does this kind of public shaming rise to the level of doxxing that should be banned or illegal? It certainly didn't until this month. And, now one billionaire is trying to convince the world that tweeting plane tracking information is doxxing.

All this other stuff that he threw into it is noise designed to make it seem like Elon really cares about doxxing. He doesn't actually care as he had no issues posting identifying information of his alleged stalker despite already having information that could be used by police to identify the person.

Does this mean if I write an article on medium that I can't link to it on my twitter? because its free promotion of medium?

Are all the "You can find me here if twitter goes dark" tweets going to get deleted?

Looks like the wall is being built as part of moving from one social media to another is information on where people are going.

• Funny
It's a good test of whether the new rules are going to actually be enforced verbatim.
Not against the rules to tweet a picture of links:

Picture of Links.jpg

He could further obfuscate it by tweeting a link to a website that serves up a file and, upon solving a caption, gives you a key that decrypts the file which becomes an image of said links. And so on.
Does this kind of public shaming rise to the level of doxxing that should be banned or illegal? It certainly didn't until this month. And, now one billionaire is trying to convince the world that tweeting plane tracking information is doxxing.
Well, he's failing miserably to do so. I wonder how many people have started following @JxckS/@elonjet on mastodon.social or r/ElonJetTracker just in the last week.
All this other stuff that he threw into it is noise designed to make it seem like Elon really cares about doxxing. He doesn't actually care as he had no issues posting identifying information of his alleged stalker despite already having information that could be used by police to identify the person.
For someone concerned about being assassinated based on real time location data, he sure is making it easy for would-be assassins. Last month he tweeted that he'd be at Twitter headquarters overnight, while he was at Twitter headquarters.

They need to get on with it and burn the whole thing down already.
Lol you guys realize that other platforms already do this. There are many source linkes you can't post on youtube, and ebay doesn't allow you to post any kind of other type of communication afraid that you'll make a deal under the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.