Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Continental Tire Cut < 45 Days(1600 Miles)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

I found a small tire cut on my Tesla MYLR(attached Pictures) which i bought in March and when I checked with tesla they denied to cover for replacement and were estimating 430$ for replacement. I haven't hit a pot hole or a curb and its not so deep but i notice its kinda spreading. I checked with continental and they asked to inspect with Tire discounters(Authorized Dealer). Did any one had a similar situation and what did you guys do?

Thanks

Attachments

• 81ada209-d4dc-4004-b8c0-48c2029ec002.jpeg
    81ada209-d4dc-4004-b8c0-48c2029ec002.jpeg
    163.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5582.jpeg
    IMG_5582.jpeg
    640.4 KB · Views: 5
I don't see anything worth repairing or replacing. That's barely into the tread. You're fine to drive on this for a long time.

And yes, you drove over something - Continental or Tesla are not at fault nor is this covered under any warranty.
I know you're the tire guy and all, but I personally wouldn't assume that hole in the pic is benign. I'd stick something into it to see how deep it goes before I'd keep driving on it. Maybe you're right but I'd verify cause it could be deeper than it seems.

1715711339530.png

Last edited:
Reactions: fiehlsport
There's nothing wrong with driving on it on any axle. It's fine, nothing penetrated through the belt. There's Ubers and Lyfts with far worse tires driving around that will never experience a blowout.
Continental suggested to check with Tire discounters and i checked with them today and they said its nothing to worry at all as its not at all deep and just cosmetic Just like you said. I will check for couple hundred miles if it gets deeper then go for tire change.
Thanks for your inputs.