Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Changing fluid in the Gear box , part or Model S drive train.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
History. Back in the day, us gearheads would change rear ends like in 30 minutes to go race. We had built the rear ends ourselves, there was always metal on drain plug. I changed my 2013, it had metal on drain plug.
It takes longer to get tools and pump than drain and refill. Taking belly pan off is a real pain.

Reactions: FireFighterHil
Well it took the Clermont FL service center almost FOUR HOURS to change mine. They initially told me it would take less than TWO! I decided to wait, and even told them id be waiting. Never once did they bother to come let me know it was taking longer than expected or give an explanation. On top of that, the tech found the front right axle seal to be leaking. If they had told me as soon as hed found it, id have most likely approved of them replacing it right then and there. Instead they waited until they were done and quoted be 350 bucks to replace it, which im almost positive requires draining the gear fluid AGAIN, which im sure they dont do for free!