Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else having a hard time getting a refund?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well still waiting. Oddly I did get my invitation to order my CT for delivery in April. Still canceling.

Attachments

• IMG_1095.png
    IMG_1095.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
Yesterday and today I tried unsuccessfully five times to cancel my Cybertruck reservation on Tesla's website. No matter which of the four credit card numbers I entered correctly, Tesla reports that it will refund my $100 deposit to a credit card ending in "4074." None of my credit cards end with these four digits. I tried to have Tesla send me the $100 via ACH deposit and Tesla gives me the same message: it will refund my $100 deposit to a credit card ending in "4074"! This error is now suspicious.

This problem is keeping me in an endless loop making it impossible for me to cancel my reservation. Makes me wonder how many other people want to cancel but can’t and why Tesla has not fixed this problem for customers, but maybe it is not a problem for Tesla?

Note: I paid my $100 Cybertruck deposit on 11/27/2019 and received notice I could order it on 4/22/2024, 4.5 years later!

Yesterday and today I tried unsuccessfully five times to cancel my Cybertruck reservation on Tesla's website. No matter which of the four credit card numbers I entered correctly, Tesla reports that it will refund my $100 deposit to a credit card ending in "4074." None of my credit cards end with these four digits. I tried to have Tesla send me the $100 via ACH deposit and Tesla gives me the same message: it will refund my $100 deposit to a credit card ending in "4074"! This error is now suspicious.

This problem is keeping me in an endless loop making it impossible for me to cancel my reservation. Makes me wonder how many other people want to cancel but can’t and why Tesla has not fixed this problem for customers, but maybe it is not a problem for Tesla?

Note: I paid my $100 Cybertruck deposit on 11/27/2019 and received notice I could order it on 4/22/2024, 4.5 years later!
BTW, Reddit refuses to let me make this same post in its Cybertruck forum!

• Informative
Reactions: TLLMRRJ
I canceled this past week and requested an ACH transfer. The confirmation page said I would get a refund to my credit card (the one I used to make the reservation in 2019).

I owned a Tesla for 7 years (2015-2022), so I chalked it up to Tesla software (still) being absolute garbage.

Sure enough, the ACH transfer showed up in my account the next day. Hopefully you see the same.

I canceled this past week and requested an ACH transfer. The confirmation page said I would get a refund to my credit card (the one I used to make the reservation in 2019).

I owned a Tesla for 7 years (2015-2022), so I chalked it up to Tesla software (still) being absolute garbage.

Sure enough, the ACH transfer showed up in my account the next day. Hopefully you see the same.
I got my refund very quickly.

Reactions: QUBO
I could be wrong but I thought the credit card companies required refunds (for any company) to go back to the original credit card. It is interesting that those with expired cards still get the refund - which makes me suspect that is still the case.

I wonder if the few owners with problems may be dealing with a problem at the credit card issuer and not Tesla. Hard to know.