Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2025 RAM EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gen 2 of the F-150 is expected around that time too. Will be a great time to be in the market. Dealer markup is overblown. If you want one on Day 1, yes you are going to pay through the nose. But I have (in writing) from my dealer that they will only charge MSRP for an F-150 Lightning. If a dealer won't give you that assurance, use another dealer. You can definitely find another dealer that is willing to stick to MSRP even if you have to drive a bit. Heck I had to drive 222 miles each way to pick up my Tesla - lots of dealers within that range.

Ram 1500 Rev Electric Pickup Makes 654 HP, 500 Miles of Range

The biggest story here is the battery range. The REV will offer two battery options.
The standard 168-kWh battery will offer a promised 350 miles of range,
while the optional 229-kWh battery is said to offer up to 500 miles.

Sandy Munro at CES 2023:

21:33 "No you can't get 500 miles out of this it's just not going to happen."​

In fact, Sandy was assuming that there will be a range extender:

7:20 "The extended range if we look up here you can see that there's some iron up there​
that's where the engine is going to go they're going to have a V6 engine"​

the prototype is a beautiful lookin truck for sure...

but i remember the days of the big four attacking tesla for foraging too early into ev world (we re not ready for ev yet), for lacking experience in making cars and capability of making cars in mass, for ev range anxiety and how battery tech is not there yet, da di da di da... now no one can make an affordable ev with the range that tesla can... no one has the tech that tesla has... no one can make cars profitable like tesla...

oh i forgot, they all said tesla would be bankrupt by 2018...

everyone s playin catchup and tesla s only problem is how much should the company be valued at... lol

seems the range and towing capacity was bench-marked right from the cybertruck. Now we just wait on pricing.

Does RAM have anything like auto pilot? if both were priced similar, and the RAM had "APish something", I would 100% be test driving it and put it on the short list for my next ride.

My use case is quite specific, for towing. The Lightning won't meet my needs, the Rivian with the 'large' pack does not meet my needs. Max Pack might meet my needs, but that's a lot of cash for a bigger battery, and while Rivian has a service center a reasonable distance from me, I'm just not sure about it yet. I do really like it though.

I never expected Ram to announce something with this towing capacity and range. The Chevy one looks cool too.

Ford's Gen 2 Lightning should be interesting too!

what an exciting time for cars!

I put the $100 deposit down the day it was announced. I'm a current RAM owner though, I drive a 2018 RAM 1500 Limited Tungsten Edition. My wife daily drives our Tesla MY LR. I also have a CT deposit as well from the day it was announced of course, along with a GMC Sierra EV deposit. Keeping my options open so to speak. :cool:

Reactions: cusetownusa and KJD
How long until RAM announces they will use NACS?
July? Aug?
Then it definitely goes on the short list for my next car!
The pressure is building every day. Now that we have Ford and GM and Rivian on NACS, I really think CCS is the new CHAdeMO. :eek:

Not sure how I feel about the Tesla charging network becoming a monopoly in 2 years.

Really do like the looks of the Ram prototype though.

Really do like the looks of the Ram prototype though.
I really liked the actual RAM REV 1500 Concept, which is very much different than the actual RAM REV 1500 production vehicle that was introduced, it is basically just like the ICE design but using a BEV undercarriage body on frame. Not saying I don't like the more iterative design of the actual production RAM REV 1500 - but I am definitely disappointed in the delta between the concept and the production vehicle itself.

$100 refundable deposit.... 🙃
I almost did, but when I signed up for more info, all I got was spammed about gas Rams. Literally 2-3 emails/day about gas rams. When I specifically signed up for info about the EV RAM. Clearly they do not know their audience here.

I just watched a newer video on it. 500 mile range, 14k towing. damn.
Once they announce NACS, I'll put down the $100.00

Last edited: