Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire recommendations for 23 Tesla Model Y LR with stock 19"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in the market for new set of tires for my Tesla MYLY 19" stock wheels. I am considering the below set of tires. Can anyone who has them on please provide the feedback on each of the tires so I can make an informed decision on which tire to choose.

The main factors I am looking for is:
1. Efficiency
2. Road noise
3. lasts at least 40K miles.

The tires I am considering are:

1. Pirelli P7 AS Plus 3
2. Michelin -- CrossClimate2
3. Michelin -- All Sport All season 4

Thanks for all the feedback and recommendations.

Reactions: lachambers
PCMY: Have you read the numerous threads where owners have already posted their thoughts? :D I find it's always best to read several opinions before making a decision. I also avoid anyone telling me "this is what you need."

Pay attention to the LOCATION of the poster. Regional differences (temperature, road surfaces) in the USA are huge, and advice from MN isn't helpful if you're in TX or NM.

Reactions: PCMY
PCMY: Have you read the numerous threads where owners have already posted their thoughts? :D I find it's always best to read several opinions before making a decision. I also avoid anyone telling me "this is what you need."

Pay attention to the LOCATION of the poster. Regional differences (temperature, road surfaces) in the USA are huge, and advice from MN isn't helpful if you're in TX or NM.
This is something I wrestle with as I am not totally au fait with the USA states. TX Texas. NM New Mexico. CA FL all hot. NY NE cold and hot.

I think most of US gets a bit hotter than we do and lots of it gets a lot colder than we do. It's a bit of a Goldilocks zone here as we freeze pretty good but not too hard in winter and we get nice and warm but don't swelter in summer. Enough seasonality to be fun and not be too much of a hassle.

Normal swing is only -7 to +28°C. Oregon?

Reactions: PCMY
I just slapped on a set of Hankook Ion Evo AS SUV 255/45/19 on my Y after several weeks worth of research. I've only put on maybe 20 miles so take it for what its worth but its supposed to be just as efficient, if not slightly more than the OEM Conti's and I can absolutely confirm that its much quieter than the OEM. Its actually pretty dramatic. My Conti's had about 21k and were 3 years old so I thought may it might have been louder due to age but my wife's 3 also has the same Conti's with less than 5k miles and the Hankooks are definitely quieter. I would also say it soaks up the small imperfections in the road better too which is impressive as I usually kept my Conti's at 41-42 PSI while America's Tires set the Hankooks at a much higher 46 PSI. I don't push my car much so handling so far seems about the same and will need to wait for rainy season for a wet review though from research and reviews that wet traction and stopping distance is above average to excellent. Has a 50k tread warranty. Overall, very happy with the Hankooks.

Reactions: Noflash and PCMY