Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WTF does this matter. WTF.DOES.THIS.MATTER?

He just gutted an important part of this company and he's on there with crap like this, meanwhile, us investors have been talking our heads off on here about his decision making. MAYBE, he should be posting and letting his shareholders know what his plans are...

personally, I love it! We who remember WW2 tend to have a higher regard for the flag. As for the protesters, that’s an ancient and honorable right. However, they should be willing to accept the consequences. Changing the subject, the company my daughter works for just laid off 40,000 people and the wheels don’t seem to be coming off. We all might wait a bit before running around in circles.

26 more jobs eliminated today. It's becoming a near-daily occurrence.

EDIT - unclear if this is in addition to or part of the 500 SC team firings.

Last edited:
the manager was dragging their feet about making the 10% staff reductions

Do we know if this is factual/true? From what I have seen, it sounded more like Elon wanted more than 10% and the manager wanted to push back/have a discussion and the whole team got sacked.

I suppose someone will talk eventually, probably or some folks who know will talk to friends.

Reactions: Matias
Do we know if this is factual/true? From what I have seen, it sounded more like Elon wanted more than 10% and the manager wanted to push back/have a discussion and the whole team got sacked.

I suppose someone will talk eventually, probably or some folks who know will talk to friends.

I think that by asking the question, you answered it. In case this subtlety overshot the mark,... we don't know. Many of us don't even care.

Keep up the sunworrying. You do seem to have a knack for it.

I think that by asking the question, you answered it. In case this subtlety overshot the mark,... we don't know. Many of us don't even care.

Keep up the sunworrying. You do seem to have a knack for it.

What do I even have to worry about? It's a discussion. I won't lose $$ if the stock go to $0 and won't make $$ if it shoots to the moon. I can't get laid off by Elon neither. I don't get your insults really or why you bother.

What do I even have to worry about? It's a discussion. I won't lose $$ if the stock go to $0 and won't make $$ if it shoots to the moon. I can't get laid off by Elon neither. I don't get your insults really or why you bother.

It is more like gossiping than a discussion.

Please, go into some detail about how a non-investor presenting such a "discussion" would be something a long-term investor would find useful.

Sasha has an excellent summary of recent analysis on the supercharger issue:

more helpfully, from yahoo news:
A source, who declined to be identified for fear of retribution by Musk, told The Times: "They did not fire the entire Supercharger team. They mostly fired site acquisition, project management, marketing and some other things."
Which sounds quite plausible to me. Sounds more like elon being dissastisfied with location selection or size of sites, or speed of rollout. Also may have an eye on megacharger rollout, and know the team needs to be more ambitious in terms of grid connections.
Not at all unusual for grid connections to take years for power draws in the megacharger range. Everyone's grid is overloaded. Even if we are 18 months away from production line tesla semi's, they need to get their act together on megacharger sites fairly quickly.

1000008215.jpg

I'm making grilled cheese sandwiches while scrolling through these discussions.

Jk.

I continue to be bullish on Tesla despite the noise and eagerly await my cybertruck to be ready (maybe in two years.) Concurrently I also am eagerly waiting to hear what new vehicles will be produced next year and hope a van is in the cards. The TAM for that is obvious.

Is it possible that a professional trolling company could bribe a forum admin to provide access to an existing unused account from years ago? Thereby giving the illusion that the troll is an oldold-timer
Yes.

However, the more likely scenarios are either:

A. The account owner has had a significant change in views over time.

Or

B. The original account owner abandoned the account, the password was compromised in some fashion, and a bad actor has taken it over to use for their purposes while relying on the established credibility to make it easier to spread their message.

I've seen both occur, elsewhere.

Sasha has an excellent summary of recent analysis on the supercharger issue:

more helpfully, from yahoo news:

Which sounds quite plausible to me. Sounds more like elon being dissastisfied with location selection or size of sites, or speed of rollout. Also may have an eye on megacharger rollout, and know the team needs to be more ambitious in terms of grid connections.
Not at all unusual for grid connections to take years for power draws in the megacharger range. Everyone's grid is overloaded. Even if we are 18 months away from production line tesla semi's, they need to get their act together on megacharger sites fairly quickly.
If that is accurate, and if the 500 number is close to accurate, then yes I can totally see it. 500 seems like a ridiculous staff count for that process.

Yep, just sell the SC's themselves (with caveats), let them worry about the locations. Like I posed yesterday, get them hooked on heroin when you're the only dealer in town, then back away from the distribution itself. At least some people get it!
Okay as long as they don't say "Tesla" on them. If they do, then people will think they are part of the Tesla Network and wonder why they aren't maintained and why it's so hard to pay.

Recently posted OOS video on YouTube says that an email went out to almost all Tesla contractors/sites/utilities/etc. with information on who to contact, and asking for patience for delayed payments as they sort everything out during this restructure.

If they are already expecting upset people because of delayed payments, I would say that leads to the conclusion that the team had major issues that needed worked out and they weren't a well oiled machine working to perfection. This is what happens when the boss peaks behind the curtain and sees what is really going on.