Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slow supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I charged my 2023 Model S today at the supercharger that I usually charge at and for whatever reason the charge rate was really slow.

Supercharger is located in Fremont, CA and I usually get 135-150 Kwh. The battery was preconditioned, and I arrived with about 40% battery life. When I plugged in, it was a consistent 44 Kwh. It wasn't crowded and by the time I left, there were only 3-4 cars charging with about 15 stalls available. I even tried moving to another charger and still got the same 44kwh.

Any ideas? Again, I charge here at least once a week, and this has never happened. Do I need to worry about my battery?

Hello,

I charged my 2023 Model S today at the supercharger that I usually charge at and for whatever reason the charge rate was really slow.

Supercharger is located in Fremont, CA and I usually get 135-150 Kwh. The battery was preconditioned, and I arrived with about 40% battery life. When I plugged in, it was a consistent 44 Kwh. It wasn't crowded and by the time I left, there were only 3-4 cars charging with about 15 stalls available. I even tried moving to another charger and still got the same 44kwh.

Any ideas? Again, I charge here at least once a week, and this has never happened. Do I need to worry about my battery?
Power uses Watt or kiloWatt units. "kWh" is unit used for energy amount - how much energy have you charged for example.

Regarding your problem, if you're sure the battery was warm enough, I'd try different Sch... Maybe it's the nowadays quite famous "hot handle" problem? Then try to bring wet rag with you too ;)