Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order before March 1 or wait until end of Q1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or as the news reports now indicate, sometimes you make a rash decision and have to walk it back!
IMG_8216.gif

Since cutting most of its Supercharger team, Tesla has reportedly started to rehire at least some members, a move reminiscent of the job cuts Musk made at Twitter after he bought the company and later rebranded it as X.

Musk told CNBC’s David Faber last year that he wanted to rehire some of those he let go

Since cutting most of its Supercharger team, Tesla has reportedly started to rehire at least some members, a move reminiscent of the job cuts Musk made at Twitter after he bought the company and later rebranded it as X.

Musk told CNBC’s David Faber last year that he wanted to rehire some of those he let go
Hiring back a few talented people isn't an indication of a "mistake". Twitter had 7,000 employees when Musk bought it, and now has something like 1,500. If he kept a couple people previously fired, then that's not an indication that drastic staffing reductions was a mistake.

The point of a business isn't to employ people; its to generate profit, and employing people is antithetical to that goal except that some are necessary.

• Disagree
Reactions: ucmndd
Hiring back a few talented people isn't an indication of a "mistake". Twitter had 7,000 employees when Musk bought it, and now has something like 1,500. If he kept a couple people previously fired, then that's not an indication that drastic staffing reductions was a mistake.

The point of a business isn't to employ people; its to generate profit, and employing people is antithetical to that goal except that some are necessary.
Firing someone and immediately hiring them back is the very definition of a mistake. 🤣

Complete the following sentence: “Although we fired you last week, we would like to hire you back this week. We fired you by ______.”

Reactions: vickh
Firing someone and immediately hiring them back is the very definition of a mistake. 🤣

Complete the following sentence: “Although we fired you last week, we would like to hire you back this week. We fired you by ______.”

... the directive to reduce staff, and senior management being insubordinate. What you got?

The thing is, individuals aren't entitled to be employed by particular employers, and employers aren't entitled to particular individuals. Do you understand how that's a fair relationship?

You could win the lotto tomorrow and tell your employer to go suck a lemon, and that's a dumb reason to leave from your employer's perspective, but c'est la vie.

Last edited:

I'm not leaving this alone. You've got @ucmndd disagreeing with something I've said, while not giving the courteously to enlighten us ignorant folk on where we've gone wrong, and @boulder.dude trying to get folks to "think past the sale" by presuming Tesla made a grievous error in personnel reduction. Show your work.

Last edited:
I'm not leaving this alone. You've got @ucmndd disagreeing with something I've said, while not giving the courteously to enlighten us ignorant folk on where we've gone wrong
TBH the juice just didn’t seem to be worth the squeeze.

I have a deep and fundamental disagreement with almost everything you said. “Disagree” seemed to sum it up nicely.