Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the white interior variant seems to be prioritised compared to black. I ordered Stealth Grey with Black interior (UAE). My EDD has remained May-June since order placement. I was browsing Tesla UAE website and saw a Black Model 3P with White interior in transit and available to order.

Attachments

• IMG_2514.jpeg
    IMG_2514.jpeg
    360.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2515.jpeg
    IMG_2515.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 5
After reading through all 35 pages and the highland thread I think EDDs should be taken with a grain of salt. There are base M3 and M3LR purchases from January that got pushed back 3-4+ times. There have been reports of VINs being assigned months before the “EDD”

At this point it’s basically patience and not to get frustrated how someone has a significantly earlier date than you. The cars come when when they come. They might come after January for all we know

Isn't this release a bit atypical? I don't even think they are building the public release version of the M3P yet. It's odd to me that no reviewers, car mags, or the usual people who get cars early have any to even test. A few influencers have driven engineering mules around but they're not allowed to do full reviews.

I'm getting the feeling there could be significant delays on this car. Maybe they ran into last minute issues that they are having to correct before production? I'm used to the major influencers getting their hands on final versions weeks before they start to roll off the line but I don't think they even HAVE a final release.
I know right? Why isn’t anyone talking about this

Reactions: jose3030
I'm so torn on this. Was originally pissed I had to give up my '21 lease, now I'm obviously happy for the refreshed model. But lease or finance, keep going back and forth🤕
There is actually a really easy answer to this question. If you qualify for the tax credit and you can pay cash then buying the new car is a MUCH better financial decision than leasing it. If you need a loan then even a ~6% interest rate with the tax credit will be a better financial decision than the lease.

The issue with the lease is that the interest rate is just dumb. It is the single worst lease interest rate I have ever seen. However, it automatically gets the tax credit regardless of vehicle price and income. The tax credit can offset the terrible lease interest. Plus the lease protects you against severe depreciation as Tesla inevitably lowers the MSRP.

Just to confuse everyone trying to reverse engineer the order number.

My order is RN 121619*** because I procrastinated and ordered May 3rd.

But my EDD still says June 2024. Much sooner than many folks with an earlier RN 1215***** number. But I am also located 40 minutes from the factory in Fremont, CA.

So I think there is limited correlation between RN and EDD. Location is likely a much bigger factor.

If 2 cars are built at the same time, but 1 has to get shipped across the country. The one going to Boston will obviously have a 2 week later EDD. Isn’t this obvious? I can’t figure out how this is even a discussion.

If some have an EDD of today or the next few days, why would Tesla do this? Do you think it's possible some cars are actually at delivery locations getting their PDI's done, and Elon is gonna give them the green light any day now to start assigning customer VINs and delivery dates? This will be my 3rd new Tesla, and from what I remember about my previous deliveries, is things move very quickly after the first VIN is assigned... (I had one of the first refresh 2021 model 3 long ranges in Colorado)

Reactions: Sandee3 and JezzaE
I am, but the regular Model 3 highland has very good build quality. So I'm thinking the same for the M3P.
I suspect they're gonna take lessons they're learning from the non-P's and apply it to P's. Most of the car's Exterior/Interior is pretty much the same. Stuff like LED strip alignment, etc is likely pretty common between P/non-P. Same for sound proofing. On the other hand, different suspension...

I suspect they're gonna take lessons they're learning from the non-P's and apply it to P's. Most of the car's Exterior/Interior is pretty much the same. Stuff like LED strip alignment, etc is likely pretty common between P/non-P. Same for sound proofing. On the other hand, different suspension...
Hopefully we’ll benefit from the delays in the Highland launch! Having said that the revised M3LR I demo’d was much improved and already impressive to my eye.

Reactions: GuyFromAz
Isn't this release a bit atypical? I don't even think they are building the public release version of the M3P yet. It's odd to me that no reviewers, car mags, or the usual people who get cars early have any to even test. A few influencers have driven engineering mules around but they're not allowed to do full reviews.

I'm getting the feeling there could be significant delays on this car. Maybe they ran into last minute issues that they are having to correct before production? I'm used to the major influencers getting their hands on final versions weeks before they start to roll off the line but I don't think they even HAVE a final release.
They have no marketing team right now. Who's going to give/lend "influencers" cars without a marketing department?