Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Legacy Model S No Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
Am I the only one who is stuck in the 2023 update? I havent even recieved holiday update. My car is a 2017 FSD MCU2 HW3 Model S with the camera update and I asked my local service if there are any updates and they said my car was up to date? Is anyone else experiencing this problem and perhaps fixed it?

Did you do the hardware upgrades or did you buy the car used that way? A 2017 S would have come MCU1, and depending on when in 2017 it was built, either HW2 or HW2.5. Since you said the cameras were upgraded, it must have come with HW2.

If your 2023 build is 2023.44.30.30, you already have FSD v12.3.1, so you’re not that far behind.

Did you do the hardware upgrades or did you buy the car used that way? A 2017 S would have come MCU1, and depending on when in 2017 it was built, either HW2 or HW2.5. Since you said the cameras were upgraded, it must have come with HW2.

If your 2023 build is 2023.44.30.30, you already have FSD v12.3.1, so you’re not that far behind.
I did those hardware upgrades, I asked Tesla to install HW3 and MCU2. Version is 2023.26.12

I did those hardware upgrades, I asked Tesla to install HW3 and MCU2. Version is 2023.26.12
So you have FSD v11, but not the latest version. Maybe someone else with a similar configuration can chime in on what they have.

One trick to force the car to check for updates: reboot, then go to the Controls > Software screen. This won’t work more than once in a 24 hour period, and it might not come up with anything, but if there is an update available for your car, this will help find it. Also, make sure the software update setting on that screen is set to Advanced.

My Car is a 2017 Model S 90D with the 3.0 HW and MCU2. I'm on the 2024.3.25 Software update. cameras and MCU were upgraded by Tesla. Im not the original owner but my sticker price lists the FSD computer. i have an early 03/2017 Build if that makes any difference.

Hi,
Am I the only one who is stuck in the 2023 update? I havent even recieved holiday update. My car is a 2017 FSD MCU2 HW3 Model S with the camera update and I asked my local service if there are any updates and they said my car was up to date? Is anyone else experiencing this problem and perhaps fixed it?
Don't feel too bad. My December 2016 S with hardware 3 computer and cameras is still on 2022.8.10 and the car keeps saying it's up to date. :)

It's the same here, MS90D december 2016, HW upgrade and MCU2. Still on 2023.26.12. Because poor performance of cruise control in this version (and well, I hoped for cristmas gadgets) I opened a call with Tesla in Feb but apparently my car is up to date.