Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand new 2024 Model X range after charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if it's relevant; mine is a 23 MXLR. When I charge it up to 80%, it says 277. So far almost no degradation after 5500 miles. I was wondering if it was going to get adjusted to the new EPA estimate but so far it's stuck to the old estimate of 347 mile range.

You 3/Y drivers make me laugh. You assume, and rightly so, Tesla uses the same software on the refreshed S/X cars the 3/Y have, but NOOO. We 2022+ S/Xs don't get an energy screen with the 5/15/30 range and usage chart. Nope. The old S/X have it and the refresh had it left over with having to use voice commands to bring it up in initial versions of the code. But that was removed also over a year ago.

Miss it and friends M3P having it still just shows how STUPID some decisions are at that company. WHY CAN'T THE S/X HAVE THAT SCREEN ALSO TESLA? Just makes me mad thinking about it...
S&X have had the Energy app for about a year and a half now.

Hello All - I just picked up my 2024 MX on Monday had it set to percentage range by default but just to take a look at miles I switched it. I noticed at 80% charge I am getting 257 miles and at 100% it's 322. It's less than what EPA Tesla advertised range is. At 100% on a brand new MX I'd expect to see the 335 and at 80% should be around 270. I had a 2021 MS prior to this and I believe from day 1 it was pretty much spot on. Is this normal range on a brand new MX? Anyone else with a new MX that can share what they are seeing?
My 23 MSP started a bit low on range and the BMS estimated capacity (slughtly below 96kWh) but one month in, the range was full and battery estimate 98.4 kWh (99.4 kWh full pack when new, so probably correct).

Did you do any full charge lately?

S&X have had the Energy app for about a year and a half now.
But it is a half a$$ implementation now compared to before. There is no tab for current consumption that gives the 5/15/ 30 mile history or watthr/mile and the watthr/mile number. Absolutely no reason NOT to have this info, but we don't get it now. Have to use the TRIPS to get some of this info, but can't get it for 5/15/30 miles, just current trip or since recharge.

But it is a half a$$ implementation now compared to before. There is no tab for current consumption that gives the 5/15/ 30 mile history or watthr/mile and the watthr/mile number. Absolutely no reason NOT to have this info, but we don't get it now. Have to use the TRIPS to get some of this info, but can't get it for 5/15/30 miles, just current trip or since recharge.
I agree completely. But you can reset the current drive at any time, which can give you a smaller window of time. But still far from what the legacy vehicles have available.

I agree completely. But you can reset the current drive at any time, which can give you a smaller window of time. But still far from what the legacy vehicles have available.
Legacy AND current 3/Y have way more info in the energy app. Why don't the current S/X share this function with the 3/Y code? Why do the cheaper cars have this? The refresh had it at first and could bring up with voice commands. They actively removed that and never added it back. So stupid.

Legacy AND current 3/Y have way more info in the energy app. Why don't the current S/X share this function with the 3/Y code? Why do the cheaper cars have this? The refresh had it at first and could bring up with voice commands. They actively removed that and never added it back. So stupid.

THe main screens should all be similar with additional info, not available on the 3 & Y, in the driver's screen. The UI code would be much easier to manage then.