Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 MY - TeslaCam Dashcam - USB no longer recognized

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah me too. Service Center told me 2024.14 would fix it per my attached ticket. It didn’t. I saw someone else was told 2024.15 will fix it. My guess is it won’t either. Just putting us off. Goodbye owner loyalty. I won’t buy another one, especially after the price cut gimmicks, and now this.

Attachments

• IMG_8972.png
    IMG_8972.png
    849.3 KB · Views: 10
I just got a big update, 2024.14.6, with new visualizations, UI, etc., and so far the dash cam is working!
Correction. She’s broken again this afternoon.
Same here. The usb worked fine right after the update but then soon stopped working, perhaps when I was setting up my audible account. The two button salute got the usb back but probably not for good.

Reactions: Snow Drift
Yeah me too. Service Center told me 2024.14 would fix it per my attached ticket. It didn’t. I saw someone else was told 2024.15 will fix it. My guess is it won’t either. Just putting us off. Goodbye owner loyalty. I won’t buy another one, especially after the price cut gimmicks, and now this.
Yeah, they’ve told me three times that 2024.15 will fix it. I know a few owners that are looking to Lemon Law their Model Ys due to this issue.

I have a 2020 Y in the early adopter range of number 6000. Just started to have the problem, after dropping it off for the weekend I received the "it will be fixed in firmware"
However, after sleuthing the web I found someone who said " Before you unlock the door ... open the trunk". that seems to work for me.
It seems to stay ok for the day's trips. But reopening the trunk seems to help the issue. (be sure to take the weight off your left foot when closing the trunk.) (holding your left ear is useful as well) ... don't mind your wife laughing at you.

The car is sentry off at home, but on everywhere else.

I am sure everything is ok so I am off for a self drive with FSD doing all the work .............what could possibly go wrong :eek:
ha ha Early adopters have all the fun.

I have a 2020 Y in the early adopter range of number 6000. Just started to have the problem, after dropping it off for the weekend I received the "it will be fixed in firmware"
However, after sleuthing the web I found someone who said " Before you unlock the door ... open the trunk". that seems to work for me.
It seems to stay ok for the day's trips. But reopening the trunk seems to help the issue. (be sure to take the weight off your left foot when closing the trunk.) (holding your left ear is useful as well) ... don't mind your wife laughing at you.

The car is sentry off at home, but on everywhere else.

I am sure everything is ok so I am off for a self drive with FSD doing all the work .............what could possibly go wrong :eek:
ha ha Early adopters have all the fun.
Just wow… lol. 2024.14.7 is being installed now.. just maybe?

I'm on 2024.14.6 in a mid-year 2021 MY. TeslaCam in the glovebox works but I'm having problems with my music usb in the center console.

I noticed the music usb was working on my way back from the store today. It wasn't working when I left the house and it wasn't working after I got home and parked. When I was parked at the store I had climate control in "keep" mode. So there may be a way to get the usb to start working without having to reset the car.

I also had to fiddle with the bluetooth connection to my phone. I had lost the connection and had trouble getting it back. My phone said the Tesla device wasn't responding. I spent several minutes telling the car and the phone to reconnect. Eventually it worked. I have no idea if this is at all related to the usb problems. I never had such persistent problems with the car's bluetooth connection before.

I'm on 2024.14.6 in a mid-year 2021 MY. TeslaCam in the glovebox works but I'm having problems with my music usb in the center console.
Yea for me the glovebox usb-a has always worked. Just my center console usb ports not working 100% consistently. Seems to stop working when car sleeps and a mcu reboot gets it working until the next sleep. I installed a dash led strip and it comes with a hub for the glovebox which includes one usb-c and two usb-a ports (1 is usb 3 for dashcam and other is slower usb) , that hub lets me listen to usb music and use game controllers without issue but it sucks that this long standing issue has not been addressed. I am not a fan of using a glovebox hub. The hub is available from Amazon. If going the hub route be sure one usb-a is usb 3 speed (blue port) or tesla infotainment will report errors.

Reactions: BitJam