Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zextraterrestials S (tory)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fall Enduro 2015

Finalllly set a record!!
on a brand new set of RE71R 245/275 on 19" CF5V Forgestars- beat my M3 buddy by about 3 seconds running on the same tires
6 seconds faster than last year! almost no drama, pretty clean run besides one corner in lap 4 that I pushed a little on @ 3:23
I think I did really good in PAX points but haven't seen the results yet

so much fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dash cam data

Not sure how accurate the dash accelerometers are but they seem reasonably accurate as long as the resting g shown is at 0, they seem to lose calibration on occasion.
I think I was getting slightly over 1.1 g on corners. this is a tab bit more than the first lap so tires were very cold still
L/R
F/R
FR LR.jpg

Last edited:
Has version 7.x. Had any noticeable effect on your racing ?

not sure. The Enduro was just before 7 and the autocross was just after. I think the mid point floating between accel and regen was a bit nicer feeling through slaloms. I haven't ran autocross on the RE71 tires on our pavement in both firmwares so it is hard to tell, the tires make a huge difference! I think that 7 feels better and maybe quicker but I am not sure
I kicked butt
9a.jpg
10a.jpg

Fall Enduro 2015 race times

SSCC finally updated their site with the Fall Enduro times
fall e.jpg

hope my record lasts for a little while maybe. Not sure how much more racing I will do with my S. I'd love to race it forever but I really want to have a dedicated electric for racing *shrugs...WK? help me someday :wink:?

I think with a completely stripped P85 I could be faster than anyone there..maybe

Are you turning regen to "Low"?
I did. I haven't raced with Regen in low in a long time (if ever?). I really like standard regen for autocross racing but couldn't really notice the difference during the race. I try and float the throttle some while braking with my left foot. Thinking about it a bit I wonder if I might have had too high of a charge for the best laps and lowest heat build up + I was trying to take tighter lines when I probably should have kept more swoopy lines and a touch less hard throttle out of corners. Started at 98% ended at 85%, I think the car performs a bit better between maybe 90-80%.
I also noticed that the tires hook up on the straights where I can feel that adding throttle wasn't adding power but I still had it floored. I believe that if I backed off a little I would have been faster .

can't wait to see the drone footage ;>

How does your 90% charge rated miles look now. A while back you were at 218?
225 @ 90% w/ out range mode
245 @ 98% so I assume ~252@ 100% (the last 100% I did was in march at 250, but 99% was 250 in August, Temp? 57 vs 82F)
here is the last 3 yrs (2014 was just the end of '14 after 6.0), before that the firmware changed from 4.5-5-5.6-5.8-5.9 within a year and each one changed mi/kWhr quite a bit
upload_2016-10-12_13-27-54.png

upload_2016-10-12_13-28-9.png

upload_2016-10-12_13-35-57.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: TMobe
NVX 12" >>NVX 10"...on same amp. wow! super brief test & will do a fuller update just comparing the 2 speakers on the same power soon (and after I put in the bigger amp will see what the F this thing can do! hope my car holds together)

Are they selling an enclosure for the 12 or did you have to move to the footwell?

I read your earlier review, did you end up bypassing the stock sub?

Are they selling an enclosure for the 12 or did you have to move to the footwell?

I read your earlier review, did you end up bypassing the stock sub?

I made a box for the footwell. The stock sub is still 'working' and 10" is still in place but not hooked up. I guess I could hook them both up and have the amp push 1 ohm. hmm. my car might be dirty but I don't want it to fall apart ;>
DSCN0824.JPG

It takes up just a little more thatn 1/2 of the well and leaves a perfect space for putting stuff. I made a matching cover piece of MDF

DSCN0822.JPG

it is a super tight fit. I used the footwell cover to trace and make a teh I am not quite sure if the speaker surround might be hitting the floor a little. It hits really hard + takes the low stuff much better than the 10 and this is with the amp settings all the same on the 750. It will be nuts on the other amp
DSCN0823.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: HebrHmr