Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Zenn highway car powered by EEstor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Zenn still believes in EEStor, I have a magical flying pig that poops solid gold bars, right here in this little poke, and I'd be happy to sell it to Zenn at the bargain basement price of a million dollars. Actually, when I first heard of EEStor, they had just announced the "milestone" of successfully refining the material they hoped to use as the dielectric for their EESU. No prototype yet, just the material that theory convinced them would work as the dielectric, and they were promising to deliver EESUs to Zenn for use in production cars in three months. That's construct a prototype to see if it would actually work, design a mass-production facility, build the facility, run safety and performance and durability tests, and then start up full-scale production, all in the course of three months.

All I can say is the folks at Zenn must have been awfully dad-blamed stupid to fall for it.

A friend of mine traded in his Xebra for a Zenn because his wife didn't like that it had only 3 wheels, and he said the Xebra was a better car. I drove my Xebra for 4 years. I loved it, but it was not a well-designed car. If the Zenn was worse, it does not say much for Zenn. (The Zenn did have a better motor. The Xebra's biggest weakness was the pitifully low power of the motor.)