Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

You already have access…actually I don’t!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

easyev

Supporting Member
Jul 29, 2023
Toronto
Got locked out of my S this morning. 😃 Left my keys on seat, did an update, came back and forgot my new phone wouldn’t access the car. The keys on the seat weren’t registering. I’ve tried resending invite multiple times closing app rebooting etc. Wife’s iPhone still works (thankfully) but mine, nada.

Any ideas guys? Got to be a quick fix here…

Attachments

• IMG_0186.png
    IMG_0186.png
    171.7 KB · Views: 34
I'd uninstall and reinstall the Tesla App
Yeah, I second this, (along with deleting the phone key for the OPs old phone from the car), especially since Op said:

did an update, came back and forgot my new phone wouldn’t access the car.

This implies getting a new phone, and migrating the data from the old phone. The tesla app will come over from the old phone but it wont work.

If they have a new phone, they should delete their existing phone key from the car, log out of the Tesla app on their phone, log back into the Tesla app on their phone, then setup the phone key again (as if they were setting it up fresh the first time).

• Love
Reactions: easyev
You guys came through again thank you very much! I don’t know why I was so reluctant to delete the app that was the last thing left to do but it worked like a charm! You are right it’s pulling the old phone which doesn’t match the new one. I’m a bit disappointed Tesla wouldn’t have recommended this simple fix and wanted me to go in person to deal with this little problem.

IMG_0195.jpeg
IMG_0194.jpeg

Yeah, I second this, (along with deleting the phone key for the OPs old phone from the car), especially since Op said:

This implies getting a new phone, and migrating the data from the old phone. The tesla app will come over from the old phone but it wont work.

If they have a new phone, they should delete their existing phone key from the car, log out of the Tesla app on their phone, log back into the Tesla app on their phone, then setup the phone key again (as if they were setting it up fresh the first time).
You're completely correct, that's what happened, it's working 110% now, thanks so much ! I'm upgrading my membership today or tomorrow!