Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This was embarrassing. Stereo blasting at šŸ’Æ volume ā€¼ļøšŸ“£

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

easyev

Supporting Member
Jul 29, 2023
Toronto
I stopped off at my childā€™s school for pickup in my wifeā€™s Model Y, got out of the car and left two people in the car one with a phone key and one in the back seat.

I closed the driverā€™s door
About 30 seconds later the stereo blasted at full volume, really upsetting my family and causing quite a scene at the school which are mostly ICE drivers, only one other Tesla that Iā€™ve seen. Was getting lots of looks, and some condesending sneers. ā€œI told you those Teslaā€™s are no good!ā€ šŸ˜‰

After going into the phone and tapping unlock which didnā€™t help. I finally muted the volume on the steering wheel and rebooted the computer by holding both thumb wheels.

Thinking all was fine now, I put the current reverse and again 100% stereo volume ā€¼ļø

So we sat there for a few minutes until everyone else left, and I had my thumb ready on the wheel to mute, but thankfully, it didnā€™t go off again. Forgot to mention I did I shut off the central alarm and shut off the basic alarm before it happened for the 2nd time.

Iā€™m thinking this 100% volume bug was due to the 12.3.10 update I did last night. Anyone else experiencing this?

Iā€™ve booked a service call waiting for Tesla to reach out with something.

Thanks for reading
(My ears are still ringing)

From your posting history here, you have already had this same thing happen to you before in another Tesla (the loud music is the car alarm).

Perhaps there is something you need to change about your routine, or you need to check your phone key to make sure the phone you are leaving in there is actually a key.

I had something similar, but it was not this. There was no phones or keys in the car when that happened. My wife left the car to grab something in the house and when one of the back doors was open, the alarn went off and the music blasted.

In this case, both phones were in the car in wireless charging. I thought I had my phone in my back pocket, but in the confusion of the music blasting my wife handed me my phone so I got it which was already. Tapping the right steering wheel button (mic) was the quickest way to mute it. I think the left wheel would put on the same thing. So again this was just the music blasting and no alarm. My Model S has never done any of this craziness, nor didnā€™t have the random wipers turn on for no reason.
Frustrating but I hope to get it fixed.

It was my wifeā€™s phone key that was used to unlock the car and it remained in the car the whole time.

*Solved*

You guys wouldnā€™t believe this in a million years.

Anyone want to guess what the problem was?

Let me give you a hint: it was nothing to do with our phones, Bluetooth key cards or anything like that.

About 30 seconds later the stereo blasted at full volume, really upsetting my family and causing quite a scene at the school which are mostly ICE drivers, only one other Tesla that Iā€™ve seen. Was getting lots of looks, and some condesending sneers. ā€œI told you those Teslaā€™s are no good!ā€ šŸ˜‰
Maybe your selection of music is getting the sneers! šŸ¤Ŗ

Reactions: easyev
Come on guys letā€™s shake it up a little bit here.

Maybe I should say wrong answers only ā€¼ļøšŸ˜‚

Telling everyone what happened if it might happen to them is helpful. I am not sure why you want everyone to guess instead of just telling us, but thats up to you. What I will say though, is that since we dont allow thread bumps, and it doesnt appear that many people are currently interested in playing this guessing game, its likely the thread will just sink down into the forum.

Reactions: fsb1 and easyev
Sorry, just having a bit of funā€¦tough crowd here! šŸ˜‰

My wife left the shipping plastic on the screen while waiting for a screen protector to be installed. There was a small bubble over the volume ā¬†ļø that was intermittently, pressing the volume. In this instance, it was pressed 500 times!

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056