Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winter Tires and Rims - Canadian Availability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, $2600 vs. $3400. I hadn't had my coffee when I wrote $500 this morning. :) So $850 difference after tax. Both included TPMS. The guy at Braidan went and checked to ensure he could program them for Tesla, which he confirmed back to me in writing. So I'm fairly confident. Worth the difference for me. I think the RMC wheels look decent. We'll (wheel!) see!

If they are Tesla sensors, can't confirm if not OEM sensors, then there is nothing to program and he should not charge you for that. You do the set up after about 5kms of driving as a notification will come up on the screen asking if you changed the wheels and to confirm the size. After that you are all done.

I have non oem sensors in one of my wheel sets and the tpms system automatically recognizes the sensors if they are the correct ones and a pop up screen appears after a few minutes of driving and you select the wheel size. Like Dax279 said, the tire shop doesn’t need to do much to “program” the sensors.

Reactions: Dax279
Just wanted to report back on my winter tires that I had installed last week. Michelin X-ICE XI3 with RMC TS1007. I don't have pics because my car is filthy, but they look hot as hell on my red 75D. My wife said they look "badass". Coming from someone who would never notice and couldn't care less about wheels, that's quite a statement. They look a lot better than my oem silver slipstreams, that's for sure.

Regarding the tires. They handle fairly well. They feel about the same, but maybe very slightly softer than the oem tires. What really surprised me is they're actually a lot quieter! To the point where I notice it every time I drive.

The aftermarket sensors are working just fine as well. Not sure what brand they are.

I don't have pics because my car is filthy, but they look hot as hell on my red 75D.

Show us the dirty pics. ;)

My wife said they look "badass". Coming from someone who would never notice and couldn't care less about wheels, that's quite a statement. They look a lot better than my oem silver slipstreams, that's for sure.

That's funny because when my wife and kids commented on my Replikas I thought the same thing. I thought they never even noticed the wheels but they sure made a difference in the look of the car compared to the stock ones.

Last edited:
Michelin X-ICE XI3 with RMC TS1007. Please excuse the dirt. :)

IMG_2062.jpg

@dmd2005 Did you end up buying Hakkapeliitta 9s this year? If so how are they working for

Put on the studded Hakka 9’s this morning on both the S and X. Took the S out for a spin in a bit of snow and slush and no slippage at all. A bit of extra noise from the studs compared to Nokian R2’s and WRG3’s. Suppose to be freezing rain and 4-6” of more snow the next day, so I’ll go play again tomorrow and test out the X.

• Informative
Reactions: ModelX
Put on the studded Hakka 9’s this morning on both the S and X. Took the S out for a spin in a bit of snow and slush and no slippage at all. A bit of extra noise from the studs compared to Nokian R2’s and WRG3’s. Suppose to be freezing rain and 4-6” of more snow the next day, so I’ll go play again tomorrow and test out the X.

i'm looking forward to hearing how they work out. probably the best tire for winter weather.

How were they? That was one helluva ice storm we had, I took the S a few times through Mission out to Harrison and back and the WRG3s impressed.

How were they? That was one helluva ice storm we had, I took the S a few times through Mission out to Harrison and back and the WRG3s impressed.

The X worked nicely on the ice but I was reluctant to take out either the S or X with falling ice bombs from trees and powerlines. Gives you an uneasy feeling looking through the glass roof and a falling tree limb weighing 500 lbs misses the X by mere meters. To be honest, I was driving around more in my truck with a chainsaw in the bed than the Teslas. I had to cut a few fallen trees to get home in the midst of the storm last Friday.

The studded Hakka 9’s definitely bite into the ice and you can hear them digging in. My truck has non-studded Hakka 8’s for comparison and it is night and day on ice. The ABS kicks in on the Hakka 8’s while the studded 9’s grip like skates on ice. One downside to the studs is that I’m usually in the slow lane to prevent accelerated wear at highway speeds.

Attachments

• 4F8AC565-580D-4F5F-95B7-489AF0129C0F.jpeg
    4F8AC565-580D-4F5F-95B7-489AF0129C0F.jpeg
    348.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 0D8E4B78-32A6-46EF-A14A-2998997ECF34.jpeg
    0D8E4B78-32A6-46EF-A14A-2998997ECF34.jpeg
    660.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 7D678D8D-0BD2-4FE9-884F-DABFB58A2229.jpeg
    7D678D8D-0BD2-4FE9-884F-DABFB58A2229.jpeg
    457.4 KB · Views: 63