Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Winning: Credit card fraud alert this morning...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not to get too far off topic, but it does nothing for online or telesales. Chip and PIN only adds safeguards to in-person transactions that make it harder to skim your card number and details for card duplication. There is nothing to prevent someone from in-person capturing your card number for use online, or an online or telesales purchase becoming compromised for your card to be used elsewhere. Basically, this is to deter card skimmers at the gas pumps, etc.

Well, for a story I hope you find amusing that is relevant to the original post -

Our AMEX bill showed a $25.00 bill from what appeared to be a gas station.
We asked them to investigate, and the details were that it was for gasoline, at a specific station.

Now, even here in Arizona not only do my non-Teslas include only diesel vehicles (F-350 and a BJ70 LandCruiser), but I haven't purchased any diesel at all since arriving last October. Just a single 1-gallon container of gasoline - pd cash and at a different station - for the chainsaw.

And, other than in the UK, we haven't rented any autos.

Hee hee! I got 'em! I know it!

WEeelllll...not so fast. Out of curiosity, we googlemapped the station's address, and it was familiar. Very, very familiar. In fact, in my memory I even could see myself having been at one of its pump islands, working the machine. I stared at my wife in cofusion....

Oops:redface:. Back in January, Tesla Service Center had rented us a gasser (of all things to make this all the more deliciously ironic, it was a Cadillac Escalade) because they needed our car overnight. Except it was such a rush job that Enterprise had thrown them the vehicle with a nigh-empty tank and we couldn't make it home w/o filling.

And a good laugh was had by all.

I had so many problems with my BofA Visa card that I finally cancelled it.

We've stopped using our BofA Visa due to constant hassles as well. Having to let them know when we were traveling was a minor nuisance, but then they decided to half cancel the card in the middle of last holiday season. It could no longer be used for any online purchases, just in person, and nobody could adequately explain it other than "because it was going to expire in a few months anyway" and "for our security." The irony is that the first time my wife noticed was trying to get a one-time shop safe card number from their online service, which we could no longer do.