Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will you go to the Telsa store tomorrow after the price drop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Tesla do that? Did you pay them the difference when they raised prices after you purchased? These statements simply make no sense ... kind of like going back to the grocery store and asking for your $1.00 off milk because you saw a coupon but already bought and consumed the milk ...
That’s actually where this comes from partly. People do this. Some companies allow people do stuff like this to make people happy and keep them buying and now people think it should happen everywhere.

Reactions: WhiteOnWhiteMY
Last Tesla I ever buy, myself and I’m sure a large percentage of the 800,000 who were also adversely affected will never buy. Some may even actively work as anti-Tesla sales people.
I'd love to be a fly on the wall for some of those conversations.

Yeah man, don't by a Tesla, they're the worst. :mad:

Oh really? Why? :confused:

Sometimes they lower their prices and make their products more affordable. 😤

... 🤨

I'd love to be a fly on the wall for some of those conversations.

Yeah man, don't by a Tesla, they're the worst. :mad:

Oh really? Why? :confused:

Sometimes they lower their prices and make their products more affordable. 😤

... 🤨
Oh please lol, they’re are a lot more reasons other than price drops to avoid buying a Tesla. This is just going to lead to people more than likely to not overlook those issues because of overall negative sentiment to the brand.

Teslas horrible customer service
Teslas predatory delivery practices (hi you have three days to decide if you want this car NOW)
Teslas awful QA experience
Non stop UI changes, removal of features, or generally backward approach to longstanding norms in the industry.

My point is, if your brand is already known for lots of issues, it’s probably not a good idea to give people more reasons to have negative sentiment towards the brand. Every other make has learned that long term care and post purchase experience is one of the biggest selling points of a car. Tesla continues to focus on making the initial sale the only important metric on the health of the company.

Oh please lol, they’re are a lot more reasons other than price drops to avoid buying a Tesla. This is just going to lead to people more than likely to not overlook those issues because of overall negative sentiment to the brand.

Teslas predatory delivery practices (hi you have three days to decide if you want this car NOW)
Non stop UI changes, removal of features, or generally backward approach to longstanding norms in the industry.

My point is, if your brand is already known for lots of issues, it’s probably not a good idea to give people more reasons to have negative sentiment towards the brand. Every other make has learned that long term care and post purchase experience is one of the biggest selling points of a car. Tesla continues to focus on making the initial sale the only important metric on the health of the company.
I agree with these points completely, but lowering prices isn't going to contribute to this list. The customer service thing has to get fixed and quick, it won't be too many more years before the big boys catch up... but it will be years

This is the first thing you've said that I largely agree with. :) There are lots of reasons to not buy a Tesla and lots of reasons why I've long thought I probably wouldn't buy another when the time came.

While I'm not expecting anything, if Tesla gave FSD or an extended warranty I would be happy with that. In the end, I made the purchase a month ago and agreed to pay the amount Tesla asked for. I never heard of people wanting to pay more money to Tesla when the price went up after their purchase.

In my opinion FSD is not worth $25k, but if Tesla wanted to comp what has happened by giving it away I would be happy with that since they aren't required to do anything. I appreciate a company who tries to make things right to make a happy customer, but it's not expected.

Reactions: Choncho
While I'm not expecting anything, if Tesla gave FSD or an extended warranty I would be happy with that. In the end, I made the purchase a month ago and agreed to pay the amount Tesla asked for. I never heard of people wanting to pay more money to Tesla when the price went up after their purchase.

In my opinion FSD is not worth $25k, but if Tesla wanted to comp what has happened by giving it away I would be happy with that since they aren't required to do anything. I appreciate a company who tries to make things right to make a happy customer, but it's not expected.
Any bone to show they actually care and can see how we feel slighted would go a long way here. It’s not unheard of in the industry

Reactions: Choncho
I tend to buy a a lot of vehicles and had cancelled a Bronco to buy the MYP, but seriously regret that now.

Don't worry. All other auto makers will have to drop their prices to compete with Tesla too.

Just a thought. Hopefully our insurance rates go down since the value of a totaled vehicle is less now. Also, for those with some sort of vehicle replacement policy, cost to replace a new Y or 3 is cheaper.

This would be so nice. My insurance premium doubled when I got my Tesla lol.

There once was a time back in 2019 where Tesla *did* send refund checks to people that bought a Model 3 Performance before the price dropped by $5k overnight. But they also stopped including free supercharging with the price drop. So basically you called up, asked for a refund (in exchange for giving up free supercharging) and they sent a check.

That's exactly what I did, and I've taken exactly two road trips since I bought my car in late 2018, so I came out pretty well ahead.

Of course now my car is probably worth below zero on trade-in even though it has FSD.
I believe that was when there was a 7 day return policy and was to prevent everyone from returning and re-buying. The order fee was only $100 then.

I am going to talk to the manager. I picked up my MYLR on Dec 28th with the 7500 credit. I did expect the new year it would drop the price around $7500~9000 but not like 20%. I would like to see how many of you will go to the store and what would you request from the manager?

Please share as I will go this Saturday.
I don't think Tesla does price matching like Amazon or Bestbuy

Reactions: Silicon Desert
Status
Not open for further replies.