Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will you change color for priority Manufacturing?

Will you be switching to metallic silver or obsidian black for quicker delivery?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the email that just came out showing priority manufacturing for anyone with metallic silver or obsidian black color, is anyone looking to change to get a quicker delivery?

I Inow I won't be but I'm curious if others thought like this. I will just be sitting over here with my basic Betty AWD MSM configuration continuing to wait.

No, just horribly indecisive. I may just buy out my Model X lease.

I don't know anything about indecisive!

(says the guy who changed exterior color on his car twice and interior color once).

deadpool___skottie_young_by_mnb89-d73ifo9.jpg

With the email that just came out showing priority manufacturing for anyone with metallic silver or obsidian black color, is anyone looking to change to get a quicker delivery?

I Inow I won't be but I'm curious if others thought like this. I will just be sitting over here with my basic Betty AWD MSM configuration continuing to wait.

As a Metallic Silver AWD order holder, I hope the elimination of the color option does prioritize, but I didn't read it that way. I agree logic says they would want to clear the order log for these now eliminated colors so they can proceed with streamlining their evolving manufacturing processes, but after 816 days and counting wishful thinking has left the building. Car will show when it shows.

As a Metallic Silver AWD order holder, I hope the elimination of the color option does prioritize, but I didn't read it that way. I agree logic says they would want to clear the order log for these now eliminated colors so they can proceed with streamlining their evolving manufacturing processes, but after 816 days and counting wishful thinking has left the building. Car will show when it shows.

Disregard. I thought you were referencing media, but seems order holders as you suggested that aren't Metallic Silver got that message. Interesting.

• Informative
Reactions: TechSavvyWife

How did you read it? Not being a smartass, promise just curious how others interpret the email.

"produced on an expedited basis, so may be available as soon as two to four weeks."

To me that reads as priority.

How did you read it? Not being a smartass, promise just curious how others interpret the email.

"produced on an expedited basis, so may be available as soon as two to four weeks."

To me that reads as priority.

My interpretation was that you were surmising that statement from the media reports of the two colors being eliminated. I didn't receive nor was I aware such an email from Tesla existed. Only later when I said disregard did I learn an email in fact went out to Model 3 reservation holders. One can only presume I didn't get it because I was already a Metallic Silver AWD order holder.

• Informative
Reactions: TechSavvyWife