Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Tesla please the UK. Tesla vision/metric

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick one. I woke to the Tesla vision update. Not really tried it but so far it does what it says. Maybe a little to keen to tell me to stop or beep at me.

The one thing I hope Tesla do, is give us the ability to change the units. Being we are Niles, this means we get the distances listed in inches. I like many people in the UK born after a certain time use Metric. I tend to use a bit of both as we all do. I know I can change this in the settings by switch to KM rather than miles, but that's not what I want. I still want miles for distance but cm for Tesla vision as I personally find it easier to picture 10 CM in my head rather than inches.

Do we think Tesla will do this for the UK. As I know Europe is metric and the US is imperial. But Canada also like the UK uses a mix of metric and imperial depending on the circumstances.

Quick one. I woke to the Tesla vision update. Not really tried it but so far it does what it says. Maybe a little to keen to tell me to stop or beep at me.

The one thing I hope Tesla do, is give us the ability to change the units. Being we are Niles, this means we get the distances listed in inches. I like many people in the UK born after a certain time use Metric. I tend to use a bit of both as we all do. I know I can change this in the settings by switch to KM rather than miles, but that's not what I want. I still want miles for distance but cm for Tesla vision as I personally find it easier to picture 10 CM in my head rather than inches.

Do we think Tesla will do this for the UK. As I know Europe is metric and the US is imperial. But Canada also like the UK uses a mix of metric and imperial depending on the circumstances.
I thought we use inches (shirts, shoes etc.,), miles (distance), gallons for mpg, litres to pay, pints and what not?

Reactions: GT_M3 and MrBadger
How? I cant find it in the menu?

Controlling Audible Feedback​

You can use Park Assist with or without audible feedback. To turn chimes on or off, touch Controls> Safety > Park Assist Chimes.

Reactions: Lddex
How? I cant find it in the menu?
The bings are annoying. Try parallel park, and its going crazy with the kerb. On the whole it works pretty well for me. Not sure how, as I have to turn left into my drive and as soon as I do I'm pretty much at the wall - and the system know and is going crazy with the wiggly red line etc. The other way to stop the bings and STOP in traffic is not to drive bumper to bumper - but then git will see that as a space and pull in :rolleyes::D

why the sat nav has to quite distances to junctions in feet and not yards is beyond me

Americans seem to love units of measurement that have big numbers. Weight? hundreds of pounds for a humans, thousands/tens-of-thousands of pounds for a bigger object. And thousands of feet to a junction ...

I find those very hard to comprehend compared to upscaling to a bigger unit. Don't they have Yards and Tons (let alone Tonnes) in USA?