Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will MX fit in my garage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't noticed a change. Is this the first time you've seen that happen? Do you have your suspension geofenced to low in your location? Even if you do, I have noticed that when parked, the suspension setting isn't always obeyed. This occurs with my S and my X.

I haven't noticed a change. Is this the first time you've seen that happen? Do you have your suspension geofenced to low in your location? Even if you do, I have noticed that when parked, the suspension setting isn't always obeyed. This occurs with my S and my X.

I don't have my suspension geofenced to a specific setting at my location, as long as my suspension remains on standard (or below) a impact shouldn't occur. I haven't tested high or very high but its probable those two settings would result in an impact.

I would assume the X does not automatically adjust to high or very high on its own? However, when I exit the car after driving (park in the garage) I hear the suspension make noise, likewise when I reverse the car from park it makes noise again.

I would assume the X does not automatically adjust to high or very high on its own? However, when I exit the car after driving (park in the garage) I hear the suspension make noise, likewise when I reverse the car from park it makes noise again.
I would make the same assumption, but I wouldn't rely on it.

As far as the suspension noise, I think that's what I was talking about above. When in park/off, there's some stable suspension level. When you're in gear, it changes to "normal." Search the S threads for air suspension - there are a lot of people who agree that it seems to act randomly. For instance, in my Model S, if I raise it to "very high" to clear a concrete parking block, park, shop, and return, it'll lower itself to "normal" as soon as I put it in reverse, and come down on the parking block.

My unfortunate suggestion is to never open your garage door while your falcon wing doors are already open. Mine open in restricted mode but I still don't chance it.

My unfortunate suggestion is to never open your garage door while your falcon wing doors are already open. Mine open in restricted mode but I still don't chance it.

I had umbrella mode enabled but it resulted in some occasional impacts to my head when I exited the driver's door so I enabled always fully open at this location for my garage. I actually try to make sure I only open the Falcon Wing Doors when my garage is already open but they are times when I inadvertently end up opening them.

It's my experience/understanding that suspension levels are geo-fenced only for high and very-high. You can't geo-fence low or very-low. It would be awesome if my X would go into very-low every time I parked in my garage, but it doesn't do that today.

• Informative
Reactions: ohmman
Interesting..... I back my X into the garage to avoid the opener and rails. May want to give that a try.....(watch the mirrors on the single door garage!!!) That's just a suggestion if power and other things permit.

Guys, my X doesn't open the the driver side FWD fully despite having ample space above and on the sides. Anyone else see this behavior? It used to a few months back, I got the sensors checked, to no avail.
Do an override open (hold until fully open) and select "always open fully in this location" once it appears. Or have you already done that?

Reactions: Jurnimon
So I'm doing some measuring to see how a Model X would fit in my garage. Floor to garage door rails is 87.5 and floor to the garage door when it's open is 91. So I don't see any issues with the FWD. However, the way our garage is laid out we need to be able to walk in front of the vehicles. So we always park as far back as possible so that the door just clears and maximize the space in front of the car. When I do that I only have roughly 84 inches of clearance at the back for the lift gate. If the lift gate is fully open what is the clearance? I haven't been able to find that measurement online.

I just measured the liftgate fully open, it's about 7'7, or 91" off the ground at the highest point. At 84" you won't want to open that thing fully.

To allow it to open fully (ok, really just for peace of mind), we had the garage door rails changed to high lift tracks. They go straight up another foot before turning towards the garage. Plenty of room, cost about ~$200

My driver side will not open fully if I go in to far that the manual closer is in the middle of the door. Open's when it at the front.

IMG_1095.JPG
IMG_1094.JPG
IMG_0173.JPG