Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Model 3 be your first American car?

Will Model 3 be your first American car?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the replies everyone. Based on the poll and comments, it looks like two things are happening:

1. Many people who have avoided US-based automakers for their entire life are willing to break that trend to own Model 3. This may apply to nearly half of Model 3 buyers (though generalizability from the poll is clearly questionable).

2. Many people who long ago abandoned US-based automakers are willing to break that trend to own Model 3.

I fell into category one, and it's pretty clear I am not alone.

I don't really fall into either category. In 49 years of driving, I've only owned 7 vehicles, 3 of which were purchased new. Every time I've been in the market, I spend a year or so looking cars before buying. On a couple occasions, "American" cars made the last round, but lost to Japanese or European cars for various reasons. I use quotes on "American" because so few vehicles are mostly American parts and assembled here. One of my neighbors, who is a dye in the wool redneck 'merican, drives a Toyota Tundra, because, at the time, it had the highest American content of any pickup truck.

Hondas, Mazdas (RX4) and Nissans. Two American cars since 1964. Corvairs and a 2007 Chev trailblazer
Dyno Trip Hotel.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: AmishEV