Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wife hates AC.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Understandable. A good question, so I went out and fiddled with the vents. I learned that you can completely close the vent by adjusting the center adjuster on that vent all the way to the right on the passenger and passenger center vent. It may be all the way left on the driver's side vents to close. I didn't try that. I have been wanting to figure this out for some time, and it is not addressed in the manual.

Don't know if this works on the 2021 model, where the vents are electric and changed. For 2021, I think you'd need to ask your wife to raise her butt while you turn the HVAC system off and back on. This will make the system think no passenger is in the seat, and shut off the vent until you adjust the AC once again -- or do it before anyone sits in the passenger seat. I'll need some videos of this process for laughs! :) We can send them to Elon for a response on why there is no way to turn off the vents.