Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why so few models?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 980213
Boy, would you look at that ”demand slump”…
Tragic.
Bankrupt by Tuesday.
If you looked at other posts troyteslike made this week, he does express caution.

Uk figures have come out and they aren’t number 1. Maybe as a result of shifting to spread out deliveries over the quarter, but plenty of people didn’t like the counter argument when they were no 1 in a given month that it was due to pesky delivery.

But fundamentally this is a supply and demand argument, both are going up, it’s whether supply growth is outpacing demand growth, and the last year has suggested that to be the case hence the incentives to stimulate demand. In 2022 it was the other way and Tesla got greedy with price increases which they ended up reversing.

As for increases in prices in Europe, they put the MX up by about 2k euro this week, that’s in the back of a 20k reduction last month and quarterly global sales figures well down. I’m not sure I’d read much into the 2k price increase.

lol.
They raised prices in Europe and they’re still higher than before inflation started running rampant.

As for increases in prices in Europe, they put the MX up by about 2k euro this week, that’s in the back of a 20k reduction last month and quarterly global sales figures well down. I’m not sure I’d read much into the 2k price increase.

🤫

Last edited by a moderator:
If you looked at other posts troyteslike made this week, he does express caution.

Uk figures have come out and they aren’t number 1. Maybe as a result of shifting to spread out deliveries over the quarter, but plenty of people didn’t like the counter argument when they were no 1 in a given month that it was due to pesky delivery.

But fundamentally this is a supply and demand argument, both are going up, it’s whether supply growth is outpacing demand growth, and the last year has suggested that to be the case hence the incentives to stimulate demand. In 2022 it was the other way and Tesla got greedy with price increases which they ended up reversing.

I mean, the Model X is literally a rounding error in terms of both volume and demand.

S/X sales combined are <4% of deliveries mainly because of their high price point, even Tesla has called them legacy vehicles they‘re selling largely for nostalgia reasons making it a somewhat of pointless cherry picked stat, that’s also before you consider that even with the 20k reduction, prices still aren’t back to where they were pre-Plaid refresh and supply chain inflation which has since eased.

Growth this year was entirely expected to be driven by Model Y, that’s were the factory expansions are etc, and also unsurprising that it’s cannibalising some X sales.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I mean, the Model X is literally a rounding error in terms of both volume and demand.

S/X sales combined are <4% of deliveries mainly because of their high price point, even Tesla has called them legacy vehicles they‘re selling largely for nostalgia reasons making it a somewhat of pointless cherry picked stat, that’s also before you consider that even with the 20k reduction, prices still aren’t back to where they were pre-Plaid refresh and supply chain inflation which has since eased.

Growth this year was entirely expected to be driven by Model Y, that’s were the factory expansions are etc, and also unsurprising that it’s cannibalising some X sales.
So when you say they increased the prices in Europe, what models were you referring to?

Maybe Tesla should considere having its own luxury and performance division,
like the Acura, Cadillac, Genesis, Lexus..., to sell the next generation of Model S / X and Roadster?

Growth this year was entirely expected to be driven by Model Y,
that’s were the factory expansions are etc, and also unsurprising that it’s cannibalising some X sales.

There is a large price gap between the Model Y and the Model X,
which show that there is a demand for an extended Model Y with real 7-seat

This vehicle could also be used as a type of Minivan for the Boring company
and as a Robot Taxi for ADA needs.

the Model X is literally a rounding error in terms of both volume and demand

Indeed, but halo models have benefit to manufacturers. Tesla's stated mission is mass production for the masses, so maybe they (unlike other Automotive) don't need it ... or maybe, like the others, it does generate benefit. There has clearly been a problem giving them enough executive-oxygen for improvements to be made, to excite the market - although Plaid was impressive when it rolled out (and is there any benefit to get 0-60 time below the current 2s? 2s is uncomfortable for the occupants; even back when Performance Launch was 3.5s I had passengers who were very uncomfortable in a launch - even when it was a staged demo).

• Funny
There's probably only a couple of changes I would like, excluding stuff like adding back sensors.

More paint options would be nice, and better quality paint at that.

Tin roof option instead of the panoramic roof, never been a fan really, and I think it adds weight, plus roof racks would presumably be easier.

The choice of 3 and Y is good, if we ever get a 2, which I have doubts, would be nice.

Tesla are going to be a major player for many years to come I think, although they're not the biggest in Europe anymore with VW Group managing that over the last couple of months.

At least consumers now have a decent amount of choice, and there's competition which is always good.