Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has the boasting right to #1 updated to v8.0?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got an update last night around 11:15 pm PST...have not yet checked to see if it is the elusive package under discussion, however I am certain I got the security update last Sunday...so who knows? I will find out this morning and report back.

Anyone know if "Streaming Personal Music" (or whatever they cal it) is Spotify? It says "Slacker is now Streaming Music" but there doesn't seem to be an indication of the music source or if we can integrate Spotify playlists with the car?

If it isn't Spotify how would this effect the European owners who have become reliant on Spotify?
I can't physically verify yet, but I when I read that in the posted release notes, I suspect Tesla simply made the description generic so it works with whatever streaming service they provide.

Reactions: vandacca
So the auto-steer functionality is totally irrelevant for you then. But for everyone else this will be annoying. Especially on normal high-way driving. Something I do about 200 miles of every day.
I understand your point but the update removes the point of autosteer. Autosteer should be an assistance to help you relax your shoulders, neck and make you arrive more relaxed than if you'd be driving and holding on to your steeringwheel. It might not be a problem but it's a definitive downgrade in that regard.
Just reading that is making me sleepy(lol)...zzzzzz

I find it very interesting how many people seem to be stating they get nags even when holding the steering wheel. ... Just loosely holding the steering wheel (usually my right hand at 3 o'clock) seems to be more than enough to avoid it [the nag].
Same here. It's making me wonder if there's a calibration or configuration issue with a lot of cars (not being sensitive enough to "light" driver interaction).

Anyone know if "Streaming Personal Music" (or whatever they cal it) is Spotify? It says "Slacker is now Streaming Music" but there doesn't seem to be an indication of the music source or if we can integrate Spotify playlists with the car?

If it isn't Spotify how would this effect the European owners who have become reliant on Spotify?
Only a guess. Tesla has Spotify in Europe, Slacker in NA. I speculate they forgot to make the distinction.

I find it very interesting how many people seem to be stating they get nags even when holding the steering wheel. I probably only use autopilot for ~20% of my driving which is only a couple hundred miles so far, but I don't think I have EVER gotten a nag. Just loosely holding the steering wheel (usually my right hand at 3 o'clock) seems to be more than enough to avoid it.
All the time. My hand is never off the wheel, but I get nagged frequently.

Reactions: Anssi
Would be curious how the venting and preconditioning works. Are the rainsensors so acurate that it wouldn't vent the sunroof if it's drizzeling ?

I could be mistaken, but I think the "venting" the car does automatically is in the form of running the cabin fan with the air pulled from outside (and therefore perfectly safe to do in the rain)

Holding it at 3 o'clock means that the weight of your hand creates torque on the wheel, which is what the car senses. Some people put their hand more towards the bottom of the wheel, which means that the weight produces much less torque, often too little for the car to sense. Moving your hand to a place where it creates more torque is a workaround for that problem.

Yes!!! I was so pleased when I found out a while ago that the steering wheel does not have built in sensors, but relies on slight movements to know if a person is actually keeping their hands on the wheel! Being nagged would often cause me to grip the steering wheel tightly with two hands, which actually makes the problem worse. It keeps your steering wheel in a more stationary position, causing more nagging. Making sure you make slight movement with the wheel every so often prevents nagging.

Reactions: Chopr147
Seriously, how difficult can this be to implement...sick of the crappy BT sound...
Yeah, I've wondered why they just can't let my iPod be seen as another USB drive. Other less sophisticated things can do that but after thinking about it converting your MP3's to FLAC and loading them on a $50 very portable USB stick makes more sense and it has better quality sound.

Yes!!! I was so pleased when I found out a while ago that the steering wheel does not have built in sensors, but relies on slight movements to know if a person is actually keeping their hands on the wheel!
I think it's more than just the movements, but also the additional 'drag' from your hands and arms the system feels when it adjusts the steering wheel. You can balance your hands/arms at 10-2 or 9-3 and make no movements, but it seems to detect the additional effort it needs to move the wheel and therefore doesn't nag.

All the time. My hand is never off the wheel, but I get nagged frequently.

The frequency of nagging seems to depend on your speed, how good the lane markings are, and how sharp the turns on the road are. I frequently use AP on the highway at 0-5 mph over the limit and the nags are very, very infrequent. Once I increase the speed the nags happen more often. If the lane markings are sketchy the nags happen a lot more often. If the car goes around a sharper turn, the car almost always asks me to touch the wheel immediately after the turn.