Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WhiteStar styling ideas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cobos,

Unhappily I think that you are wrong - or in this case maybe right LOL Confusing ... I believe that it will be a cross over or station wagon type design. We have already been told it is a hatchback and we have been told it will steal some of the SUV market and we have been told it will be a car for the mommies. I am very depressed that I might have to wait until Bluestar when I want one now :mad: But I am still hoping for something I can use in the Whitestar.

Since most normal mid-sized sedans like the Audi A4 and A6 both comes in sedan and station wagon shapes I wouldn't say it's too much of a stretch if Tesla does something a bit similar. Looking at the Ford Focus in Norway you can get that as station wagon, sedan and hatchback. All using almost the exact same parts.
As to the Hybrid Lexus's, I was thinking of compared to a "regular" Prius not any possible Lexus badged version. Speaking of Hybrids in Norway Lexus almost only sells their Hybrid models since they are so cheap compared to the competition. Though Lexus is very small in Norway in total sales anyway...

Cobos

Kevin, I understand that you don't like the 5-door look, and that's fine. But just for information purposes, there are some high end luxury 5-doors out there.
Two examples:
-Mercedes E63AMG Wagon- $87,000
Mercedes-AMG
-BMW M5 Touring (available in the UK, 68,000 pounds/$130,000)
BMW UK : BMW M5*Touring Model overview

Note: I'm not sure I did the conversion for the cost of the BMW correctly. Seems a bit high. I would expect something more around $85,000 since the M5 sedan sells for $83,000 here in the US.

Last edited:
Yes if you are comparing the Whitestar with the 5-series BMW as Tesla has said, and you assume the Whitestar will sell for around $60 000 + 22% European markup like the Roadster, you get a Whitestar price of $72 600.
Considering that the 520i with a stick costs $90 300 this should be interesting, regardless of styling.

Cobos

It is not the 5 door look that I don't like. Some are nice. That is why I am still holding out some hope for the Whitestar. What I don't like is the Fastback kind of look where the roof goes diagonally down to the bumper with no break in styling. What I drive now is a 5 door. Jeep Grand Cherokee. When I think of Hatchback cars I think of those with the long sloping tail end which I do not like. I do not think of Station Wagons or Cross Overs or SUVs. All of which are a far better choice that what I think of as a Hatchback. My point is if it is a Cross Over or a SUV or Station wagon then call a spade a spade. I suppose that the difference is that a "hatchback" has different connotations to me and can be a more encompassing field than what comes to mind on the first mention of it.

Michael,

Please bite your tounge !!! Volvo should be a four letter word in my book. They have NEVER produced a good looking car. Safe yes - good looking NO :biggrin:

That's debatable, but each to their own...

1962-volvo-p1800-white-795833.jpg

1900_vermant3.jpg

My 2 cents (where is that "cent$" key?)

I trust the Tesla team. The Roadster came out very nice. Very very nice. Not exciting or whacked out wicked awesome, but understated and classy. Nothing to hate.
My only concern came when Elon said he was going to design the car. I would like to believe that was his ego talking like a movie Producer talking about "his" movie -when what he did was assemble a Writer, Director, Actors, Production Designer, and Cameraman to create a film "for" him.

Then we find out that Fisker was doing the Whitestar. The Karma is simply [FONT=&quot]luscious[/FONT] and someday we will see what Henry was doing for the Whitestar. The new guy has an OK petagree and decent designs (I used to really like the Solstice) so I feel they will do a good job putting together a desireable car. Any cool car that can carry more than the Roadster's microtrunk at the lower pricepoint is all my wife and I are looking for.

We have a down payment on the Fisker but will switch to a Model S in a second if it fills the above requiremnets and pushes our emotional buttons.

Yes I would like that .. I said it was a nice design. My point is more to the fact that there are really NO production hatchbacks in the luxury class of car. Why is that ? No market for it perhaps ? Nobody has shown me a picture of a 4 door luxury production hatchback yet. I like the coupe look and the sedan look and even the look of a CUV or SUV it is just the look of the hatchback that I dislike. There has to be a reason that there is not a LUXURY HATCHBACK in production anywhere in the world !!!! My guess is that a hatchback does not give the luxury image ... to me anyway that is true though that is just MHO.