Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Which version Model S are you buying?

Which version are you leaning toward?

• Performance Signature

Votes: 22 17.5%
  • Standard Signature

Votes: 15 11.9%
  • Performance 85kWh

Votes: 21 16.7%
  • Standard 85kWh

Votes: 28 22.2%
  • Standard 60kWh

Votes: 25 19.8%
  • Standard 40kWh

Votes: 15 11.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At a minimum wait until the new Design Studio is released. I think we're going to like what we see.

I hope you're right, but I'll stick with it regardless I think. Been waiting too long, might as well have something to show for it. I know there are way more Model S' than Roadsters and that way more people are involved this time, but I REALLY liked the signature plaques the Roadsters got.

85kWh standard here, if I get one. I don't like leather and do not need or want the performance of the sport version. I'll order the tech package, air suspension, pano roof, pearl white and upgraded stereo, but even for $1000 I wouldn't get the sport package. I don't want the 21" wheels either, I'd prefer 18" if it was an option.

My hat is off to the quarter or so of forum members that are obviously doing very well for themselves. Me, I will get the standard 85-pack or not get it at all. For me that's a big chunk of change so it may not happen, at least not by 2012, but I'll strive for it.

Bump (as we seem to have several new forum members in the new year who may chime in as well)

Standard 60 kWh for me. Hits the sweet spot for my needs for range even after a few years. Couldn't care less about perf and the 21" wheels in particular; 5.9 secs 0-60 is fantastic.

Will get the tech package, pano roof and metallic paint (which nicely add up to $6,000 in options making the whole car cost just over $80K after sales tax and registration and before the Fed $7.5K tax credit and maybe, CA state $2.5K credit)

I would normally never buy such a big pig of a car but would opt for something more sporty like a Lotus or a Porsche. But the tax rules in Norway are so favourable I just can't not buy it. So to justify the purchase to myself I have at least get the performance version.

Y'all should move to Georgia. We get a $5,000 tax credit from the state. We might be the greenest state in America :biggrin:

Not so fast, my friend! CO hands out a $6,000 credit for the car and another $1,500 for the charging station. It used to be even better. Until recently, the credit was equal to the price difference between an EV and an equivalent ICE car. The Roadster ICE equivalent was the Lotus, which meant that the credit was $40,000+.

Put down for the 85 kwhr performance, but was toying with the idea to upgrade to the performance signature, but the color combos aren't appealing to me. The carbon fiber goes with either gray or black best and do not like the red/black combo or the pearl/black combo. I like the green/banana leaf/brown or blue/carbon fiber/grey

Put down for the 85 kwhr performance, but was toying with the idea to upgrade to the performance signature, but the color combos aren't appealing to me. The carbon fiber goes with either gray or black best and do not like the red/black combo or the pearl/black combo. I like the green/banana leaf/brown or blue/carbon fiber/grey

CF usually gets lost on black in my experience

I got some interior feedback from Tesla -- any errors are mine.

(1) The 'microfiber' on the Standard is indeed mostly polyester (it's a blend). Even if you get leather seats on the Standard, there will be microfiber on the doors and dash and perhaps elsewhere.
(2) The Signature will not have any microfiber. Most of it will be Nappa leather, but some high-wear areas will be a 'synthetic leather' which is actually cotton.
The seat interiors are not certain, but my 'customer advocate' thinks they're going to be foam (which would mean, not polyester). No information about the headliner or carpeting or trunk carpeting yet -- these are the only remaining parts of the Signature which might have polyester.

Accordingly, given my polyester allergies, the Signature is definitely preferable. It comes out to a $5550 - $7050 premium for me (depending on whether I consider the pearl white paint worth anything), but that's probably approximately what it would cost to replace the microfiber in the Standard, so it's a good deal.

So I finally voted in the poll. Pearl White Signature with white leather interior and banana leaf accents, and aero wheels, here we come.... (I'll never use Performance, I'm just not that sort of driver.)