Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will I get FSD for Model X Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just bought 2023 Model X Plaid with FSD. After I took delivery and found out that though I bought with FSD but there is no FSD installed and will be next update when it will be installed.

I am at 2023.20.9 version of software and when I see tesla release notes this version has FSD available. FSD Beta 11.3.6 (2023.20.9) with release notes

FSD Beta 11.3.6 (2023.20.9) Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates

FSD Beta 11.3.6 (2023.20.9)

Not sure how to make sense of it.

Anyone knows or experienced this?

Welcome to the HW4 (Hardware 4) Tesla Doesn't Seem to Care about group. I have a 2023 Model S, and I'm in the same boat. Apparently Tesla doesn't have a FSD beta for Model S/X HW4 cars, which is total BS. I didn't buy FSD this time. However, I supposedly got three months free and figured I would subscribe month to month after that. Although I haven't been charged anything yet, it says it will start charging my card in October as if my 3 months free is already in progress even though I don't have the feature. Had I paid the $15K I'd be livid!
I did pay the $6K for EAP and I don't even have all of those features.

I got the download last night and this is the update we've been waiting for. FSD-Beta on HW4.

I just did a quick trip down I-83. FSD-Beta was GREAT on the highway. It moved in and out of lane changes perfectly and automatically. It even pulled into the right lane and stayed there when an emergency vehicle with red and white lights flashing came up way behind me. The car pulled over to the right lane in plenty of time to let the emergency vehicle proceed without slowing down.

It goofed up at the exit and I had to take over but I re-enabled it on the local portion of 30 West and it did fine on that road and turning off of it as well. On the trip back it balked at taking my exit and when it was on the exit ramp it was going down it way to fast to stop at the light at the bottom of the wet ramp. I took over.

On the local street I finally gave up with FSD-Beta. This particular local street is wide but has cars parked at various places on either side and the actual driving lane goes from WIDE with no cars and no lines whatsoever on the road to narrow (cars parked on both sides) where only 1 car can get through safely.

On the highway I would say: excellent. On the local streets I would say: work-in-progress.

The other updates that accompanied this download are GREAT and address some of the things that the Pre-Refresh S & X had.

Keep up the good work there Tesla programmers. We are moving in the right direction. (edited)

Seems like Elon was watching my post. As soon as I posted this, few hours later I got notification for software upgrade. Installed the upgrade and its working.
Tested out on few roads, its doing great.

When I look at version, Model Y and Model X have same FSD version but seems Model X is doing much better than Model Y on highways. I have a road where Model Y always goes into wrong lane where was Model X didnt go into that lane when driving today.

Will keep on using it. FSD is the only reason I am buying Tesla.