Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel/Tire Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I purchased a 2022 Model S last year to replace my 2017 Model S. I bought it with the standard 19 inch wheels. These wheels came with the pirelli pzero tires and I live in Cleveland, OH and these tires are not ideal for winter driving. I wanted to replace these with some either really nice all seasons or maybe even winter tires. Any recommendation for tires that you guys have used and like?

Also, I have the 21" Turbine wheels from my 2017 S that I would like to mount/use during summer for this car. Do you see any issues with using these? They aren't a staggered set or anything so i was a little concerned with the offset. But I love these wheels from a look perspective and would love to have them back on the car.

So I purchased a 2022 Model S last year to replace my 2017 Model S. I bought it with the standard 19 inch wheels. These wheels came with the pirelli pzero tires and I live in Cleveland, OH and these tires are not ideal for winter driving. I wanted to replace these with some either really nice all seasons or maybe even winter tires. Any recommendation for tires that you guys have used and like?

Also, I have the 21" Turbine wheels from my 2017 S that I would like to mount/use during summer for this car. Do you see any issues with using these? They aren't a staggered set or anything so i was a little concerned with the offset. But I love these wheels from a look perspective and would love to have them back on the car.

I just bought a set of 19" TSR wheels and some Michelin X-Ice Snow tires from TSportline. Looking forward to trying them out.

What I really wanted though, and didn't realize were available, are the CrossClimate 2's. It's what I use on my Models 3 & X year-round and they are outstanding.

Eventually, once the X-Ice Snows are worn out, I'll re-evaluate and either keep switching off summer/winter wheels, or get the CC2s and use the TSR wheels year-round. Still TBD.

I found a set on craigslist of brand, new, takeoffs, 19 inch with the Pirelli tires.
For my winter tires, I mounted Nokian Tyres Hakkapeliitta R5 EV from American Tire.
They are staggered and the OEM size.
I absolutely love these tires, they are quieter and smoother than the Pirelli‘s.
They handle winter driving in Lake Tahoe very well.

Good luck

Reactions: KalJoMoS
I just bought a set of 19" TSR wheels and some Michelin X-Ice Snow tires from TSportline. Looking forward to trying them out.

What I really wanted though, and didn't realize were available, are the CrossClimate 2's. It's what I use on my Models 3 & X year-round and they are outstanding.

Eventually, once the X-Ice Snows are worn out, I'll re-evaluate and either keep switching off summer/winter wheels, or get the CC2s and use the TSR wheels year-round. Still TBD.

Do you have any pics of those new TSR wheels? How do you like it? I want the same ones but it seems like not many people have them