Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your 90%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2013 (pre-owned) Model S 85 with 17k miles gets ±186 at 90%, so far.

Needless to say I'm actually pretty disappointed about this score. I was expecting to get a lot more milage out of it. I've been told it might have something to do with the current cold weather. The avarage temperature is currently fluctuating around 10° C.
I've followed all the common guides on energy saving for better range but I'm not seeing any improvements.
Coady, this thread is about what your range estimate in the instrument cluster shows, NOT how many miles/km you can actually drive. Two completely different things.

My 2013 (pre-owned) Model S 85 with 17k miles gets ±186 at 90%, so far.

Needless to say I'm actually pretty disappointed about this score. I was expecting to get a lot more milage out of it. I've been told it might have something to do with the current cold weather. The avarage temperature is currently fluctuating around 10° C.
I've followed all the common guides on energy saving for better range but I'm not seeing any improvements.

If you're only seeing 186 miles on your estimated rated miles at 90%, then your battery has suffered a catastrophic 30% loss in capacity at very low miles which is not *normal* degradation and Tesla should replace it under warranty.

I have nearly double your miles and my P85D charges to 226 at 90%. The P85D has a lower rated mileage rating than the S85 at only 253 fully charged. My P85D was only 227 at 90% when it was brand new so I'm at less than 1% capacity loss after 30K milles.

Today I saw 226 @90% for the first time in as long I can remember. I was at the Dedham SC, poking at the demo car in the store again. (I still haven't allowed v8 to install.) It dropped to 225 in less than 1/4 mi, but I`m counting it anyway. 2013, 88k miles.

My 90% range has been conistently 232 miles for the past year. Last week my 12 volt battery was replace, and the 2 charging cycles since indicated 208 and 210 miles after 90% charge. Does 12v replacement result in loss of battery capacity data? Perhaps I need to go through a deep discharge and full recharge cycle...

My 90% range has been conistently 232 miles for the past year. Last week my 12 volt battery was replace, and the 2 charging cycles since indicated 208 and 210 miles after 90% charge. Does 12v replacement result in loss of battery capacity data? Perhaps I need to go through a deep discharge and full recharge cycle...

Based on my experience that is not normal. I would contact service and ask them. Sounds like something else might be going on.

My 60 recently has increased or recovered some long lost range. My current is 182 for a 60 :- P car will go 203 miles of range based upon recent Cincinnati info I spoke of earlier today. 29 months old 49k on it when I achieved that feat.

Spoke too soon. I'm back down to 225 at 90%. Oh well, I must have done something that day to get it up to 227. Easy come easy go lol

Each percent on your car is about 2.5 rated miles wide. So your rated readings are +/- 2.4 rated miles.... 225 to 227 is in that range.

For fun, charge up to 91% and when you tick down to 90% via use then go into rated range miles to see what the upper limit of 90% is.

S70D 03/2016 with 10'200 km

90% charge with Range Mode OFF, Rated 418 km, Typical 358 km, Lat Estimated @185 Wh/km = 340 km
100% charge with Range Mode OFF, Rated 464 km, Typical 370 km, Lat Estimated @180 Wh/km = 378 km
100% charge with Range Mode ON, Rated 470 km, Typical 374 km, Lat Estimated @180 Wh/km = 381 km