Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the maximum that Tesla allow to be put on a CC as cashdown at the delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, any experiences out there as to how much the Tesla store allow you to charge on your CC when you are taking delivery of a new car. Looking into maximizing my purchase and also compensating the fact that I have to front 8K for the Qc incentive for a couple of months as Tesla is not doing this for us as opposed to most of the other dealerships.

Hi guys, any experiences out there as to how much the Tesla store allow you to charge on your CC when you are taking delivery of a new car. Looking into maximizing my purchase and also compensating the fact that I have to front 8K for the Qc incentive for a couple of months as Tesla is not doing this for us as opposed to most of the other dealerships.

The thing to remember is that when you get the points, Tesla has to pay for them. Tesla doesn't want to give 6% to someone else with a partial rebate to you.

Well it was not to pay a loan with a loan, it was to pay part of the "cash down" with a CC. Like I said, when you buy a car at a dealership they usually limit the amount you can pay with a CC the rest is to be paid by a loan or by a cashier check. Let's say I want to give down of 5k and I'm allowed to pay 2k with my CC it means that I also bring a check for 3k, thus totalling 5k cash down. Anyway from your experiences it looks like that Tesla does not allow any portion of the vehicle to be pay by CC at delivery.

Well it was not to pay a loan with a loan, it was to pay part of the "cash down" with a CC. Like I said, when you buy a car at a dealership they usually limit the amount you can pay with a CC the rest is to be paid by a loan or by a cashier check. Let's say I want to give down of 5k and I'm allowed to pay 2k with my CC it means that I also bring a check for 3k, thus totalling 5k cash down. Anyway from your experiences it looks like that Tesla does not allow any portion of the vehicle to be pay by CC at delivery.
A credit card is a loan though..