Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What will Subzero Weather Package cost on Model 3?

S&X Subzero Weather Package: $1,000. What will it cost on Model 3?

• Less than $250

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • $250-499

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • $500-749

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • $750-999

Votes: 26 53.1%
  • $1000 or more

Votes: 5 10.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am creating a series of polls regarding what we (collectively) think certain features will cost on the Model 3.

This is a forum, so please feel free to add comments, but for the sake of data collection, please do vote on the polls!

I will provide the Model S and Model X price points for each of those features, in USD.

Yes, the Model S and Model X have a few more features than I’ll be making polls for, but some of those features are just not needed to be polled on.

Reactions: PaulJB
I suspect that because the heated seats, wheel, and possible electric windshield defrost use less energy then cabin heating, the model 3 will come with it standard. Aswell if they only build one style of seat then costs are reduced. Heated seats are standard features in many cars today.

Reactions: ZAKEEUS
Don't heated front seats come standard on the S? I think the cold weather package gets you heated rear seats and a heated steering wheel plus wiper heaters.

Yes they do.

While it seems like a nice option... Bjorn Nyland in his 'what options to get for Model S' video, he doesnt feel that its really necessary if you can use the shore power to heat up the car/motor, and he lives in Norway.. Also he mentioned that the heated wipers dont work that effectively. Not sure if its the same for other cars, I have read that headed steering wheel only gets heated up for about 10 mins and stops? hmm Not really sure if I will need it in Vancouver, BC. Unless the price is around 500~750 CAD... I am not sure if I will get it.

Might that be based on country? I could seeing it being a standard up there in Canada, but down here in Houston we see snow about once every four years. That said, I do plan to get them as I visit family in Wisconsin often enough that they'd be really nice to have.
maybe regionally, but I have rented a lot of base model cars in Florida, and California ect and they have had heated seats as well.

Yes they do.

While it seems like a nice option... Bjorn Nyland in his 'what options to get for Model S' video, he doesnt feel that its really necessary if you can use the shore power to heat up the car/motor, and he lives in Norway.. Also he mentioned that the heated wipers dont work that effectively. Not sure if its the same for other cars, I have read that headed steering wheel only gets heated up for about 10 mins and stops? hmm Not really sure if I will need it in Vancouver, BC. Unless the price is around 500~750 CAD... I am not sure if I will get it.
Actually Norway doesn't get that cold. I watched Bjorn videos and he says things like "It's really cold today, it's 0." I'm sitting here going "0? That's not cold. That's a pleasant winter day." It gets down to -35, -40 here. I looked it up, Norway it goes down to -5. I'll be getting the cold weather package for certain.

Reactions: Falkirk and jkk_
Yup. Heated seats are almost to be expected unless you are buying one of those stripper versions of the German entry level luxury cars. Even my old 2005 Ford Focus that my mom now drives has them. The ones on my current Toyota are especially toasty and are just euphoric on cold days.

hmm Not really sure if I will need it in Vancouver, BC. Unless the price is around 500~750 CAD... I am not sure if I will get it.

Vancouver has a lot of moisture in the air so our cold is more bone chilling than similar temperatures in dryer climates. Heated seats are great for our climate since in really cold climates they take a long time to warm, and are not as effective. In warmer climates, they're not needed. In our climate, they're instant efficient heat.

If you have kids that sit in the back seats, I'd highly recommend the cold weather package. My kids really like it. Plus, you save a lot in power by heating the seats rather than the cabin. I don't agree that pre-heating in an answer to the heat issue. I've never done it once in the 2+ years I've owned my Tesla (we have a warmer climate than Bjorn) and it seems like overkill and is a hassle -- although our Leaf is set to be warm every morning for my kids to go school.

Actually Norway doesn't get that cold. I watched Bjorn videos and he says things like "It's really cold today, it's 0." I

Ha! Spoken from someone who lives in probably the coldest winter climate of anyone posting here! In fact, 0 isn't just cold, it's worse than cold since water freezes at that temperature, so it's literally freezing! You're just accustomed to much colder.

Reactions: melindav
Vancouver has a lot of moisture in the air so our cold is more bone chilling than similar temperatures in dryer climates. Heated seats are great for our climate since in really cold climates they take a long time to warm, and are not as effective. In warmer climates, they're not needed. In our climate, they're instant efficient heat.

If you have kids that sit in the back seats, I'd highly recommend the cold weather package. My kids really like it. Plus, you save a lot in power by heating the seats rather than the cabin. I don't agree that pre-heating in an answer to the heat issue. I've never done it once in the 2+ years I've owned my Tesla (we have a warmer climate than Bjorn) and it seems like overkill and is a hassle -- although our Leaf is set to be warm every morning for my kids to go school.

Ha! Spoken from someone who lives in probably the coldest winter climate of anyone posting here! In fact, 0 isn't just cold, it's worse than cold since water freezes at that temperature, so it's literally freezing! You're just accustomed to much colder.

Most of my posts have been written in places like Inuvik, Norman wells, uranium city, ect :)