Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SURVEY: What, If Anything, Have You Done With Your Car's Brake Calipers? (For Models S, X, 3, & Y)

Please select what best matches the brake calipers on your Tesla car(s).

• 4. I have a NPC with aftermarket brakes installed.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5. For my NPC I purchased a Tesla red brake set from the Tesla Shop website.

• 7. For my NPC the stock calipers were removed, POWDER-COATED, and re-installed.

• 9. For my NPC the stock calipers were PAINTED ON THE CAR by a professional.

• 11. For my NPC caliper-covers were installed over the stock calipers.

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tps5352

Supporting Member
I meant to include a poll survey with the post Different Ways to Add Color to..., but I overlooked it at the time. This poll applies to all four of the (most recent) Tesla car models--S, X, 3, and Y. Feel free to post comments, photos of your projects, and links to other posts/threads. Although Models 3 & Y use different brake parts than Models S & X, the issues faced by owners in trying to improve their cars seem to be, for the most part, similar.

Four-Brembo set of Model S Performance Brakes.
Model 3 Brakes
Model S Brembo Brake

Last edited:
I remember years ago (1995-2005) visiting a Los Angeles art museum near the La Brea Tar Pits--must have been the Los Angeles County Museum of Art--where they happened to be having a special exhibition of California Hispanic/Latino/Latina art. When I arrived I was thinking, "Oh, I won't care for this."

It was fantastic.!!!!

All that color on the canvas; all that emotion on display in the automobiles; on various three-dimensional objects; on motorcycles. Amazing.

My point?

I have yet to see a modification to a Tesla car--to its wheels, its brake calipers, its external paint/wrap colors, you name it--that doesn't look exciting. It is an expression of the owner/driver. There is no "wrong."

Harwood-Museum-Taos-Vanderslice.jpeg
lowrider-show.jpg
1964_Chevrolet_Impala_Gypsy_Rose.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: AplAddict
I finally joined the Red Brake Club (RBC), and corrected the Survey accordingly. Tesla red Brembo front brakes. Tesla red Mando rear brakes. (Wheels are OEM Slipstream 20" rims. Originally silver, they were powder-coated to the Tesla Sonic Carbon color by Rim Pros of Sacramento. As reported previously, small gray or black pieces available from Tesla Service Centers.)

2021 Legacy Model X Long Range Plus
Right Rear Wheel (w/Tesla-Mando Brake Caliper)
Right Front Wheel (with Tesla-Brembo Brake Caliper)

Last edited: