Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ocelot, I am not sure what info you read, but the stuff I read was great. RSV in elderly prevented/protected similarly or better than flu shots. And EVERYONE takes flu shots as suggested by CDC.
Additionally, the maternal RSV study, data not yet released, is about vaccinating the pregnant mother and then protecting the infant via antibody transfer- has nothing to do with vaccinating children.

This company is onto something.
Fidelity owns like 10% of shares-
NVAX Major Holders | Novavax, Inc. Stock - Yahoo! Finance

I was reading the data that was released.

http://novavax.com/download/files/presentation/Novavax_Investor_Deck_For_Distribution.pdf

As for "similar' to flu shot, yep that would be around 50% or so...the flu shot has not been optimal the last few years.
No, not EVERYONE takes the flu shot (emphasis yours).

There are multiple groups who are affected by RSV. A vaccine developed for one, might not translate over to another.
Strategic priorities for respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) vaccine development. - PubMed - NCBI
The goal will be to prevent RSV. The majority of bad complicated RSV cases happen in children under a year of age. Maternal passage of antibodies occurs, yet starts to ween after a few weeks to months in a infant, leaving the majority of the first year , unprotected (not including any antibodies passed through breast feeding). A vaccine will be needed to be given directly to children.

If Xiaomi (smartphone maker from China) was public right now, I'd invest in them.
Xiaomi's Bin Lin Talks About the Chinese Start-Up's Flagship Phone - Liz Gannes - Mobile - AllThingsD
Xiaomi's Bin Lin Says Company Is Betting on Services, Not Smartphones - John Paczkowski - Dive Into Mobile - AllThingsD

Xiaomi has a ton of fanatical fans in China... they're pre-orders sell out in minutes. And people are calling their ceo the Steve Jobs of China.
And today they announced they hired Hugo Barra, former Google VP of Android project management.
They have potential to be a $100+ billion company.

2 years ago I shared about Xiaomi on this thread. At that time they were valued at $10 billion (Xiaomi Valued At $10 Billion - Business Insider). At that time I said they had potential to be a $100+ billion company and I wish I could invest in them if they were public.

Fast forward a couple years. December 2014, they raise money that values them at $45 billion (http://www.forbes.com/sites/parmyolson/2014/12/29/xiaomi-raises-1-1-billion-at-45-billion-valuation/).

I'd guess right now they'd be valued at $60-70 billion, at least.

Looks like they have potential to be much bigger than a $100 billion company. Heck they might reach that within a year. From $10 billion valuation to $100 billion valuation in 3 years?

These are the investment opportunities I'm looking for.

I'd venture to say that Xiaomi is one of the fastest growing companies in history (with starting valuation above $5 billion). Uber would be another one of them.

2 years ago I shared about Xiaomi on this thread. At that time they were valued at $10 billion (Xiaomi Valued At $10 Billion - Business Insider). At that time I said they had potential to be a $100+ billion company and I wish I could invest in them if they were public.

Fast forward a couple years. December 2014, they raise money that values them at $45 billion (http://www.forbes.com/sites/parmyolson/2014/12/29/xiaomi-raises-1-1-billion-at-45-billion-valuation/).

I'd guess right now they'd be valued at $60-70 billion, at least.

Looks like they have potential to be much bigger than a $100 billion company. Heck they might reach that within a year. From $10 billion valuation to $100 billion valuation in 3 years?

These are the investment opportunities I'm looking for.

I'd venture to say that Xiaomi is one of the fastest growing companies in history (with starting valuation above $5 billion). Uber would be another one of them.

Reading your post and reflecting makes me think how very, very lucky many of us here have been to be able to invest so early in TSLA - early in or even before the hyper growth stage. I'm absolutely sure that if Elon were to be really honest he would admit TSLA was taken public way too early, and that the reason was simply that they were all out of liquidity and going public was their last life line at that point. Just imagine how much easier it would be to runTesla smoothly without being public and having to answer thousands of nosy questions and giving up all kinds of sensitive information regarding future plans and financials every quarter. I'm sure they would much rather prefer raising capital privately and investors would be standing in line if Tesla was held privately too.

I agree about Uber: absolute force of nature ATM.

No idea. But when I bought it (and pretty sure I've said this here), I bought in knowing I'd hold it for a long time - it will either flame out or pay off in a big way. I don't even look at the movement anymore.

Same here. I bought it as a stock to hold forever just in case. I'm fine with it going to zero, it's less than half a percent of my portfolio. So I don't look at much other than glancing at the price. I haven't found a good place for discussion (though I haven't looked very hard).

Western Lithium, of which I am a microscopic investor, had a bad day amidst the general market bloodbath. Down to like 30 cents. Tempting to buy some just to exit sooner. I've grown to dislike Western Lithium, which really should be called Western Fracking Goo or something since their main business is, um, proprietary goo for frackers. And you know how environmentally safe that's going to be.

Western Lithium, of which I am a microscopic investor, had a bad day amidst the general market bloodbath. Down to like 30 cents. Tempting to buy some just to exit sooner. I've grown to dislike Western Lithium, which really should be called Western Fracking Goo or something since their main business is, um, proprietary goo for frackers. And you know how environmentally safe that's going to be.

Yes...good old 'Hectatore' ( IRRC ).......They are getting beat up as fracking becomes less viable.......

Mobileye looks quite remarkable . I expect them to make about $25 dollars net profit per unit and
sell 40 million units per year by 2019. That equates to about $1 billion profit and a $30 billion market cap.

At present its market cap is around $10 billion.

Last edited: