Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What motor does your 2023 Model Y have?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow that VIN is the exact same as mine aside from my serial being up into the 107 range. How do you like the car? Any issues so far? My is scheduled to be delivered at the end of next week. Also hoping it’s the 4D1.
Car is great.
So far Ingenext Ghost not possible on this MY produced in Texas with 4D1. They are still trying to figure out if it will work.
Also interesting to note is that the Performance boost upgrade (~$2000) that was available in the past on non-performance MYs is not available on the configurator on tesla.c atm or in my phone app for my austin MYAWD. So what might that mean? You would think they would gladly take more of our money if they could unlock that without risk. I have no idea.

Last edited:
Car is great.
So far Ingenext Ghost not possible on this MY produced in Texas with 4D1. They are still trying to figure out if it will work.
Also interesting to note is that the Performance boost upgrade (~$2000) that was available in the past on non-performance MYs is not available on the configurator on tesla.c atm or in my phone app for my austin MYAWD. So what might that mean? You would think they would gladly take more of our money if they could unlock that without risk. I have no idea.
When you say Ghost is not possible, did Ingenext already do the testing on the Austin MYAWD?

Car is great.
The acceleration boost feature for $2k is not available on the standard range Y AWD, just the LR Y AWD. I don't know why, but its one of the reasons I bought the LR. I wanted the P's acceleration, but not the wheels/tires/ride quality. LR Y with AB is as close as it gets. Standard range Y AWD is still a fast car, they all are.

The acceleration boost feature for $2k is not available on the standard range Y AWD, just the LR Y AWD. I don't know why, but its one of the reasons I bought the LR. I wanted the P's acceleration, but not the wheels/tires/ride quality. LR Y with AB is as close as it gets. Standard range Y AWD is still a fast car, they all are.
2023 MYP ride is fine by my standards…no brainer if you want the acceleration as it’s the only way to get the most outta it!

Reactions: 455dan
Car is great.
I am sorry but you need to clarify what you mean by your Austin MY with 4D1? Are you talking about just the standard range or LR since Austin makes both models. From what I have read the Austin MYLR with 4D1 works just fine. Can't vouch for the Austin MY Standard range though that somehow has 4D1 if it has it.

Austin made MY AWD refers to the standard range model. Tesla calls it Model Y AWD, which has led to some confusion as they are now all AWD. I guess Tesla didn't want it to be associated with the word base or standard as it implies a low end model and Tesla believes all their cars are high end.

Austin made MY AWD refers to the standard range model. Tesla calls it Model Y AWD, which has led to some confusion as they are now all AWD. I guess Tesla didn't want it to be associated with the word base or standard as it implies a low end model and Tesla believes all their cars are high end.
Tesla stopped making the MY RWD model a long time ago. So it has been AWD for all MYs for awhile now. Yeah I think the term "standard range" was what Tesla used to actually call their base model vehicles but Tesla for some time now has dropped the "standard range" term. However people still use it as a way to differentiate the Long range model. Either way I don't think it is a big deal because people understand what it means.

Tesla stopped making the MY RWD model a long time ago. So it has been AWD for all MYs for awhile now. Yeah I think the term "standard range" was what Tesla used to actually call their base model vehicles but Tesla for some time now has dropped the "standard range" term. However people still use it as a way to differentiate the Long range model. Either way I don't think it is a big deal because people understand what it means.
And now the MY RWD is back in Canada...straight off the boat from China. LFP battery.

1. Model and Trim 2023 MYLR

2. VIN 7SAYGDEE8PF77XXXX

3. Vehicle Build Date (Delivery April 17, 2023)

4. Factory Fremont

5. Rear Motor 3D1

6. Location: Vancouver, Canada

Attachments

• IMG_20230519_222528.jpg
    IMG_20230519_222528.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 263
I wonder if they’re “quietly” switching all MYs to the same motor, regardless of being SR, LR or P.

That could create another round of internet issues like the brakes (or worse).

Also make me feel conflicted as I ordered the P.
If they software limit the LR and SR, then what difference does it make? It’s not as if owners can “chip” their TESLA’s to turn a SR or a LR into a P overnight. You’re still getting what you paid for as a P owner.

If they software limit the LR and SR, then what difference does it make? It’s not as if owners can “chip” their TESLA’s to turn a SR or a LR into a P overnight. You’re still getting what you paid for as a P owner.
You sure about that?

P owners shouldn’t feel conflicted over them using the “performance” motors in lower trim cars. Yes you may be able to unlock the same performance with the ghost module but it comes with possibly voiding the warranty and just not having that performance there stock. I’d rather have the P and have everything OEM. Not to mention the other added features you get on the P you don’t get on the LR that would cost more to add later than having just bought the P.

P owners shouldn’t feel conflicted over them using the “performance” motors in lower trim cars. Yes you may be able to unlock the same performance with the ghost module but it comes with possibly voiding the warranty and just not having that performance there stock. I’d rather have the P and have everything OEM. Not to mention the other added features you get on the P you don’t get on the LR that would cost more to add later than having just bought the P.
Agreed. $2k just isn’t worth it to me to risk voiding my 8yr powertrain warranty for an extra 150hp.

I bought MYP and didn’t look back…it’s worth the paltry amount for the upgrade to me!
The upgrade cost is very reasonable at only 4k. The tough part is it comes with some upgrades that for some use cases/preferences are negatives. I'd like the extra power and brakes and would happily pay 4k for those, but would not want these things: the staggered and easily damaged 21 inch wheels with staggered tire sizes; the harsher ride; the lower ride height. Would love to be able to order a P with the better brakes, but without the 21s and with the LR suspension. That would be my ideal. The closest thing to that is an LR with acceleration boost which isn't a great bargain at 2k compared to the 4k for the upgrade to performance model.

Reactions: 455dan and THEbuz