Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is wrong with my wipers or windshield?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tesla_wipers.gif

The wipers were replaced 2 months ago. Any ideas?

All the above,

except it only seems real bad in your immediate field of view. I'd try new wipers first. All the lights etc are not helping. I wish I could see passenger side, I bet its all clear each swipe.

Temperature variations between the heat or defrost in the car and cold outside? What temp is it outside?

Is the defrost on?

You might have to heat the glass with the defrost. I assume this is a model S by the dash I can barely see.

I've noticed all sort of strange things with the glass on my S as well. In certain conditions like washing the car, you can see old patterns of rain spots and runs throughout like its there forever.

I've tried clay bar on the glass with detail liquid of course.

This condition you have, I have seen on rainy, cool(cold) nights which are few here, running defrost on and off continually helps, but not perfect. Then again SC has replaced wipers before and they were defective, I took it back and they replaced them again no charge. Problem fixed.

Last edited:
Tesla wipers suck.
You mean Bosch wipers ? Or just don't know any better ?
The wipers are fine, Bosch made wipers for at least 30years now.
Various wax, coatings xrain stuff causes strange effects sometimes.
Wipe the wiper blade edge off using paper soaked with alcohol ,doing so will usually help. (Assuming the wiperblades are fine)

• Informative
Reactions: bell2041
You mean Bosch wipers ? Or just don't know any better ?
The wipers are fine, Bosch made wipers for at least 30years now.
Various wax, coatings xrain stuff causes strange effects sometimes.
Wipe the wiper blade edge off using paper soaked with alcohol ,doing so will usually help. (Assuming the wiperblades are fine)

I’ll be more specific.

The combination of glass and coatings Tesla uses for the windshield, along with the wiper blades and all associated mechanisms, suck.

Doesn’t matter if Bosch is the OEM. Tesla puts them on their cars and they do not work well.

Reactions: Jan Fiala
Suspect the window needs a good cleaning to remove any film on it. Also agree with comments to clean the wiper blades as well at this point. Was anything applied to the window surface like a Rain-x product for example? I had Rain-x wiperblades on my Toyota and think my windshield wasn’t totally clean when I installed them and they left a smear on the glass when the wipers were on as well as “stuttered” across the glass at times.

We have a MS and a Model 3 and no problems with using our OEM wipers and getting a clear view.

Kind of hard to tell but it does look like the right wiper provides a clear view thru the glass as someone above commented. Highly suspect something got on your window at some point (tree sap perhaps) and the windshield washer fluid couldn’t remove it completely.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ande