Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the most amazing thing about your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the way most people who don't know it simply don't understand it or even believe it can exist

and their incredulity when you ease up the road in total silence ...
and mash the accelerator - and that's just in an 85D :)

the childish excitement when you get the "you car has an update" notification, I've even excused myself from board meetings for that one

I love that my Model S can basically do everything I need. It can perform like a super car, has the seating/storage capacity of an SUV, more efficient than a Prius, and just gets better with time via software updates just like your smartphone.

Yesterday I bought a bunch of plants at home depot, hauled the wife, in laws and dog around town, kept the car cool via phone app, stored takeout in the frunk to keep the smell out of the car, cruised on AP on the highway, and also did a few ludicrous launches, all without using a drop of gas :)

What other vehicle can do that? (besides Model X lol)

Was talking about the car to friends last night and one friend (who runs a very state of the art small engineering firm) was fascinated that the car would automatically open and close our garage door. His son is an engineer for SpaceX, so he is more than familiar with all things Musk-related. I think he was just more impressed by the small details.
As for me, I've only had the car for 6 weeks and I had to have the forward camera replaced. Technician came to the house and spent 3 hours correcting the problem in our driveway. That's service I can live with.
And I concur with all the other things in this thread that make this the best car I've ever owned, including the only other red one (pictured). Just wish I still had that one for it's investment value. Sold it in 1973 for around 2K and saw one recently for north of $400K.
1007phr_19_o-1968_shelby_gt500-front_left.jpg

Reactions: pjoseph and DIL
I like all the above, PLUS durability. In every ICE car I have ever owned, I was always concerned that I was wearing out the water pump, fuel pump, belts and hoses, transmission, brake rotors and pads, valves, timing chain, valves, exhaust system, etc., etc.. My S70 is at once strong, safe, elegant, and comfortable. What it is not is prone to breakdown and the need for expensive repairs. My plan is to put as many miles on my S70 as I can over the next dozen years or so, just for the heck of it.