Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is Open Pilot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No need for EPAS harness any longer. Tesla Unity branch of OpenPilot just got a lot easier to install without the need to take apart your frunk. Just a simple connector now to plug in your Comma C2/C3 directly into your OBD2 port. More info at TINKLA - Tinkering with Tesla
So after reading the article,

1 comma2 = $1000

1 obd2 port thing from Tinkla = ??

Is these 2 all i need for lane keep asist and auto lane switch? Does it also have fsd?

Also, i did not see them selling that wire in the shop page of that site, is it sold out?

Been around for years. Constant improvements. Can’t beat the pricing. You have to be willing to some work. Not exactly plug and play. Works with specific cars.

Something I considered playing with at the be point but got a Tesla instead.

It’s nice to watch the update videos and follow the progress though.

Actually the eon dev kit is $600 which is what i need i think. Not the $1000 comma dev kit
The EON dev kit requires also a Black Panda which is 299 from Comma. Comma two (999) has the black panda built in.
My ODB-C adapter will be $125. Also you might need a USB cable. I have updated all requirements on the tinkla website for preAP

As for features, this is NOT FSD. preAP cars do not have electronic brake controls unless you retrofit an iBooster (info also available on my website). With that and the new features coming from comma that provide end to end longitudinal control you can achieve stop-and-go including at stop lights and stop signs.

Also, for the Comma three (not supported on Comma two by Comma), there will be nav on maps capabilities.

Hi Tony,

Thanks so much for all your work on OP for Tesla. It's incredible what you all have done. I have a 2015 Model S that came with AP1 hardware (I have no idea what that actually means -- mobileEye radar maybe?) -- but i noticed that the EON, panda, giraffe, EPAS harness and pedal accelerator seem to be what's required to retrofit pre-AP1 teslas. I don't have AP1 enabled (it came with beta version of the AP1 software but when I did change of ownership with Tesla and the app -- they took the feature away.) I'm not mad because I think OP and what you all have done is so much better-- and an incredible value for a little over $1K+.

My question is: What equipment do I need to start using OP on my 2015 MS (with AP1 hardware)? Is it the same as the pre-AP1 teslas? Also, how do I join the discord you all keep mentioning? Is there a link?

Thanks!
I have it running on my AP1 car. It works so much better than first gen autopilot. Please look at my website for the requirements. My Tesla Unity branch started as an AP1 branch then was updated for preAP.

The only thing that is not available yet to purchase (but Comma is working on one) is the harness to connect to the AP1 hardware. But I will have documentation on my wiki on how to make one. not that hard.