Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is Open Pilot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a few spoilers, since I'm so behind with my updates.

• Haptic feedback for lane departure warning
  • Improved Driver monitoring
  • Automatic Lane change
  • Improved Advance Cruise and Peddle Cruise
  • Lots of integration refinements
Have not gotten to drive much, my car has been at Tesla with the motor throwing a fault likely due to moisture, should be getting it back soon.

Just a few spoilers, since I'm so behind with my updates.

• Haptic feedback for lane departure warning
  • Improved Driver monitoring
  • Automatic Lane change
  • Improved Advance Cruise and Peddle Cruise
  • Lots of integration refinements
Have not gotten to drive much, my car has been at Tesla with the motor throwing a fault likely due to moisture, should be getting it back soon.

Is there a timeline when AP1 cars will be supported? Here in the EU they have pushed new regulations that have made AP1 a lot worse. The best option for EU users would be to use OP to get there normal functionality back (and more)

Our developers have been working really hard on a couple projects,

@Gtech We don't have a timeline for AP1 support, we do appreciate any additional assistance from skilled developers. It is still a focus and goal to have that.

@Solar40 I doubt OP will ever allow summon, the subject is forbidden at Comma.ai. If we ever have summon on Tesla OP, the support of it would come from AP1.

Ok. Now this is sounding better. How does that work anyway. Do I have to unplug it and update my car or does it update on its own. My point is I still want to be able to update my car when I receive a software update. I’m very impressed from what I seen if the openpilot system but that was my only hang up. In the middle of trying to do a facelift on s85 but I’d like op for my next project if I can update.

Ok. Now this is sounding better. How does that work anyway. Do I have to unplug it and update my car or does it update on its own. My point is I still want to be able to update my car when I receive a software update. I’m very impressed from what I seen if the openpilot system but that was my only hang up. In the middle of trying to do a facelift on s85 but I’d like op for my next project if I can update.

Love openpilot on my car. Have been using it since December. The discord channel is the best place to get answers in realtime. Feel free to shoot me any questions you might have @Solar40 as you've been helpful with me gathering info on the facelift retrofit.

Been on OP for over a year now. Started back when we were on 0.5.x and there weren't so many Tesla users. It was already amazing back then and felt incredibly advanced, and now it's had some huge steps forward, including cables you can buy that simplify install drastically and very good ALC, LDW, and autosteer improvements. Camera watches you for paying attention so you can keep hands off wheel, and it's surprisingly accurate. Haptic LDW is also slick and reconfigurable. Even the radar install has been drastically simplified compared to a year ago. I had pain in my knee they other day so I relaxed a bit and let OP do all the effort getting to work :D
I wasn't going to go in, but i knew with OP I'd be able to pull it off, haha.

• Helpful
Reactions: StarLog
Man really looking a op after I finish my fascia upgrade. I have a hdmi interface. Will op still work with it or do I have to take it off op to work
AFAIK, with the older way we did OP, using the giraffe, there should be a way to make it work and keep something resembling your setup. The giraffe includes a bunch of gpio and stuff to do hdmi switching, LED controls, and other things aside from OP IIRC. The giraffe makers know a lot more about this than i do though.

The only reason I decided not to get open pilot of the screen is too large. Anything that is larger than the rear view mirror can obstruct the driver's view according to the law here and can be ticketed. If a smaller screen is possible please let me know.